Value of: Madison Bowey

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I just saw a thread on here relating to what this thread will be about but it got locked. Only difference is this is just all speculation.

I imagine he could land you a 3rd alone, maybe a second if Washington is lucky to pull it off. But what shocked me is that Washington didn't trade him sooner, like last season Washington might have been able to add on Jeff Skinner or something similar and send a guy like Bowey as one of the pieces of the trade.

I believe Washington trades him to a team that is out of contention for a veteran star that hasn't won the cup yet. One where he'd get a better opportunity.

Vancouver:
Washington 1st
Stephenson
Bowey

Washington:
Chris Tanev

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
I just saw a thread on here relating to what this thread will be about but it got locked. Only difference is this is just all speculation.

I imagine he could land you a 3rd alone, maybe a second if Washington is lucky to pull it off. But what shocked me is that Washington didn't trade him sooner, like last season Washington might have been able to add on Jeff Skinner or something similar and send a guy like Bowey as one of the pieces of the trade.

I believe Washington trades him to a team that is out of contention for a veteran star that hasn't won the cup yet. One where he'd get a better opportunity.

Vancouver:
Washington 1st
Stephenson
Bowey

Washington:
Chris Tanev

You clearly don't know how valuable Stephenson is to WSH. He wouldn't be included as a throw in

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Vancouver:
Washington 1st
Stephenson
Bowey

Washington:
Chris Tanev
That seems like a no brainer for Vancouver....i could be wrong though.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Stone would almost certainly sign in Washington. It's not like he wants to test free agency , he's just in a terrible spot. Just like Pacioretty.

He propably would assuming the Capitals offered him a fair contract. I don't think they are in a position to do so with how much money is already tied on the wingers. They would get way too top-heavy if they added another expensive long-term contract.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
You clearly don't know how valuable Stephenson is to WSH. He wouldn't be included as a throw in

It was just an example, you never know what teams do to sweeten the pot, I don't even know myself. Was even thinking of Burakovsky instead of Stephenson. I even remember once upon a time Madison Bowey was very valuable.

Nobody ever know the trades. I've only seen two get predicted right while was the Kane to San Jose and Miller to St. Louis trades. I even remembered reading flock about the proposals on how bad they were. Heck if I proposed Hall for Larsson on here before June 2016, I would get probably get so much hate that the thread would get locked.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
If the choice is to keep Bowey as the 7th Dman or trade him for a 3rd I see no reason why the Capitals wouldn’t just keep him.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
With Kempny hurt, Washington needs the defensive depth it has. Unless we're talking a D-for-D swap with another team's prospect who caught up in a numbers game, let's just table this concept until we know how bad Kemper's concussion is.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If the choice is to keep Bowey as the 7th Dman or trade him for a 3rd I see no reason why the Capitals wouldn’t just keep him.

After seeing today's presser from Reirden, he seems pretty interested in Siegenthaler. The Caps could keep 8d but the 8 would never play in a healthy lineup.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
After seeing today's presser from Reirden, he seems pretty interested in Siegenthaler. The Caps could keep 8d but the 8 would never play in a healthy lineup.
Him for Connor Carrick + a AHL decent prospect? Similar players, both may just need a change of scenery

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
We might trade Bowey, but not our 1st or Chandler Stephenson. Stephenson is straight up a good player and we need our picks

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I always thought Madison was a girls name ... Seriously though, I think he is more valuable to Washington than anything he could get in a trade. I would hold on to him.

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I’ve always thought Siegenthaler fits the organizational mold a lot better (i.e. in a strange way he’s more Alzner than Bowey’s Orlov, stylistically though obviously in Bowey’s case he ain’t no Orlov) and I think Rierdan likes reliability and predictability especially in the D Corps. I just think Bowey hasn’t done anything particularly well-enough to stand out and Siegenthaler’s game is all about just fitting in (he doesn’t do too many things exceptionally well but his mistakes don’t stand out either). I also think Siegenthaler’s size and mature game are more pro-ready. It may mean Bowey languishes as the 7-8D or that he’s traded. I’m just not sure that time is now.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Yup!
They valued him pretty decently and he has (so far) had more NHL success but Babs seems to not like him.
There’s absolutely no evidence to support this. In fact, they tossed him as a throw-in to get the Leafs to take Brooks Laich. There’s just as much evidence that it was, in fact, the Leafs who coveted Carrick in that trade. Regardless, I think the Caps would take a chance with a mystery box than take the certain underperforming mediocrity that is Connor Carrick today.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Him for Connor Carrick + a AHL decent prospect? Similar players, both may just need a change of scenery

The Caps have their top 6 back. They have Bowey who requires waivers and then 3 or 4 quality prospects. One of which, Seigenthaler, is about to jump Bowey on the depth chart.

Getting Carrick doesn't help that situation

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I also think Siegenthaler’s size and mature game are more pro-ready. It may mean Bowey languishes as the 7-8D or that he’s traded. I’m just not sure that time is now.

My read is that Seigenthaler is taking to and responding to Reirden's Dman coaching and is progressing quickly where Bowey isn't taking to or responding to the coaching and not progressing at all. If Seigenthaler holds his own against NHL players in the final game or two of preseason, he jumps Bowey on the depth chart.

If Kempny is hurt and on IR, Seige plays and Bowey watches. I suppose when Kempny returns they could send Seigenthaler to Hershey and keep Bowey to watch, but I think if Bowey is 8 that he might get traded

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad