Madden NFL 23

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I was a bit surprised nothing came up in search for the new Madden which releases today.

Is anyone getting it?

Has there been any big news or changes for this year? I know that might be a little humorous, but I haven't gotten Madden since AB was on the cover, so if there were any recent changes I'm unaware of them.

I kind of feel like picking it up, but I will probably get bored with it fairly quickly so I am on the fence.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Having only played ever slight slices of 21 (got it dirt cheap) and 22 (game pass), it definitely feels like work went into this one?

21 and 22 felt like some weird mix of new gen and old gen engines and animations. Really clunky, unwieldy gameplay to the point everyone felt like they were running in mud. This year it feels way smoother. Animations look better, are more logical. Controlling players feels better.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn't buy them every year (last one I actually put time into was 20) so my expectations might be a bit lower/more rosy since I don't see the year to year BS.

I bought in to see if the changes to ultimate team make it possible to build a decent, competitive team to play online with.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I downloaded it with EA Play for the trial. There is a new passing system that is a little more complicated but havent messed with it much beyond that.

Sep 19, 2008
I've had it since Monday. Not much new other than new tackling and hitig animations and the UI change. And of course the PC version is a shitty outdated port.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I was a bit surprised nothing came up in search for the new Madden which releases today.

Is anyone getting it?

Has there been any big news or changes for this year? I know that might be a little humorous, but I haven't gotten Madden since AB was on the cover, so if there were any recent changes I'm unaware of them.

I kind of feel like picking it up, but I will probably get bored with it fairly quickly so I am on the fence.
I bought it but yet to play. I'm like you, haven't bought Madden in years. Looks like my last one was Madden 18. And like you, I'll probably get bored with it quickly but my thinking was play it for a month or two and soon after, COD and NHL will come out. Some reviews said slightly better and saw 1 comment on how AI plays a little different and a little less predictable.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I bought it but yet to play. I'm like you, haven't bought Madden in years. Looks like my last one was Madden 18. And like you, I'll probably get bored with it quickly but my thinking was play it for a month or two and soon after, COD and NHL will come out. Some reviews said slightly better and saw 1 comment on how AI plays a little different and a little less predictable.

Yeah I found a gamestop gift card I forgot about so I caved and ordered it, gonna go get it tomorrow and see how it goes

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The Ultimate Team mode is just so insidious. You earn these gold coins for playing games and in the store there are only like two shitty packs you can buy with them. The rest(like 15 other packs) require the paid currency. Abhorrent.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That new passing mechanic is comically broken online.

You thought defenses were irrelevant before? Hoo baby.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
How do random PCers make the AI this good but a bunch of people paid by EA can’t do that? They have the resources and can find the people to do this they just decide not to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad