Madden 18

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
All-pro. All-Madden was no issue for me for years.

I play on all pro as well. I usually beat the ai but its close and occasionally I will lose so it's perfect for me. all madden i get destroyed and every mistake turns into a turnover. For me at least, i have noticed that you really need to hold r1 while running to prevent fumbles and also make sure it's on simulation and not arcade. Arcade is practically a turnover fest and isn't fun at all but simulation gives a little more leeway to taking big hits and not fumbling. it's frustrating when you are trying to fight for extra yards and you have to protect the ball but I've noticed a major reduction in my fumbles since focusing on holding r1 before contact and not leaving myself open to big hits. most of my turnovers are interceptions now because like you said the ai catches every little mistake. The ai defense seems to have better hands than my receivers which is ridiculous... several games Ill have 15/30 competition rate but 10 incompletions are dropped passes and 5 are interceptions so the defense literally had zero pass deflections. I think EA changed the sliders because this wasn't an issue until this week for me. if your fumble issue still continues even with protecting the ball then you may just have to mess with the sliders manually which I hate doing.

Jul 10, 2010
I play on all pro as well. I usually beat the ai but its close and occasionally I will lose so it's perfect for me. all madden i get destroyed and every mistake turns into a turnover. For me at least, i have noticed that you really need to hold r1 while running to prevent fumbles and also make sure it's on simulation and not arcade. Arcade is practically a turnover fest and isn't fun at all but simulation gives a little more leeway to taking big hits and not fumbling. it's frustrating when you are trying to fight for extra yards and you have to protect the ball but I've noticed a major reduction in my fumbles since focusing on holding r1 before contact and not leaving myself open to big hits. most of my turnovers are interceptions now because like you said the ai catches every little mistake. The ai defense seems to have better hands than my receivers which is ridiculous... several games Ill have 15/30 competition rate but 10 incompletions are dropped passes and 5 are interceptions so the defense literally had zero pass deflections. I think EA changed the sliders because this wasn't an issue until this week for me. if your fumble issue still continues even with protecting the ball then you may just have to mess with the sliders manually which I hate doing.

Im under the impression arcade is just for those nights where you and the boys are sitting around having beer, increased ability for SPC catches, turnovers etc. Overall doesnt matter its just for shts and giggles

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
All-Madden is a challenge. Won the superbowl with a 23-22 score.

Had two field goals blocked(1 xp) and a punt blocked. Very annoying since you can't do anything to stop it. Perfect power/accuracy yet the defender gets the jump and the blocking TE is blind. Have yet to block any CPU kick. Only get roughing the kicker calls for landing next to the kicker.

Think the only headscratcher on All Madden is that ratings don't really matter. Even with the minimum threshold speed at 35, I still see corners with speeds in the mid to high 80's keep up with receivers with 92+ speed on fly routes. CPU linebackers have insane zone coverage skills, even when their rating are in the 60's for either zone or man.
I know All Madden is designed to be tough period, but you should be able to expose weak points. Kiko Alonso running side by side, and then jumping to swat the pass with a 6'5 220 WR with 93 speed on a post route is annoying.

Zach Martin and Travis Frederick lose one on one blocking assignments just as much as the rookie OL I have for the Dolphins with ratings way lower.

Still a fun game, but some gripes here and there.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So if you press up or down on the D pad on offense you can change your camera angle, I never knew that, haha. It has helped my passing immensely zooming out 1 level and having a better field view.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
So if you press up or down on the D pad on offense you can change your camera angle, I never knew that, haha. It has helped my passing immensely zooming out 1 level and having a better field view.

Yea, it's helpful. Can do it on defense too and flip the camera to your defenders back.
Just sucks when you mean to do press coverage/or 10 yards off the receivers but you press the D-pad first causing confusion for yourself right before the snap lol.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I question this game's seriousness. I made a custom quarterback and put him on the Jets, he's a scrambler, 81 overall. Simmed the entire season, team went 11-5 with a playoff victory.

Oh and 2 players that were supposed to be out for the season came back in week 10.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I question this game's seriousness. I made a custom quarterback and put him on the Jets, he's a scrambler, 81 overall. Simmed the entire season, team went 11-5 with a playoff victory.

Oh and 2 players that were supposed to be out for the season came back in week 10.

I simmed a season, and Bortles finished top five in the MVP. And that's with me making him worse. :laugh:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I simmed a season, and Bortles finished top five in the MVP. And that's with me making him worse. :laugh:

Bortles in both of my franchises ended up in the top 10 for MVP every year so far.

Even with him being a 78 overall. Puts up crazy stats. Guess the game thinks he can't suck with Fornette, Hurns, Robinson and Lee.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Does anyone feel that this game is just a roster update of Madden 17?

In some ways yes, but there are new animations, graphics(especially with lighting), and tougher AI.

To me, it was worth the 60 bucks.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
In some ways yes, but there are new animations, graphics(especially with lighting), and tougher AI.

To me, it was worth the 60 bucks.

And I didn't mean to complain about it being Madden 17 2.0. 17 was a great game and I'm enjoying 18 even more.

BTW, what are your guys' quarter length? I go with 10. It has the most realistic average score line IMO. I've tried 15 but games just don't end with less than 30 points for each team.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
And I didn't mean to complain about it being Madden 17 2.0. 17 was a great game and I'm enjoying 18 even more.

BTW, what are your guys' quarter length? I go with 10. It has the most realistic average score line IMO. I've tried 15 but games just don't end with less than 30 points for each team.

I usually play 7 or 8 minute quarters.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

I've been running 12 minutes quarters with the accelerated clock to 16 seconds.
Scores usually vary on how good or bad the CPU team is. Scores usually end up in the 20's, with a few in the 30's and 1 or two a season in the 40's(lots of turnovers by cpu)

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off

I just recently moved to 8.

The biggest problem I have with the game is honestly the CPUisn't that intelligent. Half of the games I play against the patriots, Packers, and Falcons, the AI runs the ball eleventy billion times and only passes on third down unless they go into Tom Brady mode and just march down the field in 2 minutes.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Ha this game. I started a franchise as a low drafted rb. Got picked up by Indy and slowly got my guy up to 79 after three seasons. We got destroyed every season. Opted for free agency and was picked up by the saints. Second season in we make the Superbowl. My guy puts up 170 yards on the ground with 2tds and 50 yards receiving with another td. Mvp of the Superbowl goes to w.snead for 12 yrds receiving. Lmfao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad