MacLean wants Nylander to play with Matthews to bust slump

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'm hoping after the break they'll put Nylander back with Matthews. Marleau back with Kadri since they seem to work alright together.
When does Hyman get back? Maybe they can put together the Hyman-Matthews-Nylander line back together.

Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Moore-Lindholm-Brown
Gauthier

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
That would require loading up not one but two lines........something babcock keeps telling us won't work.
Lucky for us we have a smart coach and not one of those stupid ones who do load their lines.
Sure works for Boston when they pump us.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Did he not earn that the last 2 years? Lol

Dont you get it? He has to re-earn it now :sarcasm:

Well... He does. His holdout had one message, I am above the team if I don't get what I think I am worth. So you got paid, you got more than a guy like Larkin or Ehlers. You wanted to be paid like Marner and Matthews. So now it is time to prove you belong with them. He should be able to drive a line at his salary and I don't think he can.

Reactions: Goose and Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Dubas fault. Should have paid him 8.5mm:sarcasm:
Exactly, Nylander is playing scared now, because, his $6.9M AAV will only set up himself, and his grandchildren up for life. He's worried there won't be enough funds for his great grandchildren.

Actually, Nylander has always played scared, so, I don't understand why he was given such a hefty contract. 20 goal, 60 point players, that shy away from the rough stuff, should only be in around the $5.0M mark, at most, IMHO.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Exactly, Nylander is playing scared now, because, his $6.9M AAV will only set up himself, and his grandchildren up for life. He's worried there won't be enough funds for his great grandchildren.

Actually, Nylander has always played scared, so, I don't understand why he was given such a hefty contract. 20 goal, 60 point players, that shy away from the rough stuff, should only be in around the $5.0M mark, at most, IMHO.
Feeling love right now
Only hope nylander love the leafs as much

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
some players play better with some players , just let those players play together and everything will be fine. Nylander with Kadri sucks. Marleu with Matthews sucks etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->