• MacKinnon now, Pettersson future

• Pettersson now and future

• Pettersson now, MacKinnon future

Results are only viewable after voting.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
McKinnon AINEC.

Pettersson is an average soft player at best. 46 games in the NHL. He is not even a top 30 player in the nhl. Most overrated player I have seen in over a decade. Foolish.

If you want to use the word "foolish" I think the bolded is a good example. Hes certainly playing like a top 30 player. Pretty obvious that you don't watch him.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
What’s worse? Being “rude” to someone on an online message board who is clearly wrong or being the grammar police? I literally don’t care that I don’t have good grammar or if I hurt your feelings. I’m sure he appreciates you sticking up for him though.

I'm rude to people on here sometimes, usually if they reply to me in a condescending way. Kind of like your reply to him.

You should care; when you condescend someone for thinking like a 'toddler', and subsequently construct a sentence like one. I dont agree with the guy either, but your reply is a bad look. My two cents.

And to answer your question. Neither is worse, because your scenarios are the same.... I'm policing your grammar because you're wrong.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Mackinnon rn is arguably a top 3 player league wide, and he still has room to grow.

I’m 100% taking him here. Those are lofty goals to expect Pettersson to reach let alone surpass

Edit: I will say there aren’t many players im taking over EP, he’s been sensational. Mackinnon just happens to be one of the few.

Mar 26, 2010
If you want to use the word "foolish" I think the bolded is a good example. Hes certainly playing like a top 30 player. Pretty obvious that you don't watch him.
Way overrated.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Let me see what EP looks like next year before we put him ahead of MacK but I think he has more potential. Better shot, better passer/vision. I'd take MacK's hands, power, speed and quick release though but he's also 3 years older. I took MacK now, EP in future but that was being very optimistic.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Way overrated.

You shouldn't be allowed to post anything about the Canucks given how stupid and biased you sound all the time.

You announce someone as "way overrated" without even watching them play. Too bad there are good reasonable Leafs fans out there, but you do a good job in making the whole fandom look bad with your dull shtick.

Reactions: sexydonut

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
What if Pettersson takes a step back next year and only puts up 60 points? The amount of expectation for him are insane.

It's a lot more likely he'll improve as opposed to taking a step back.

Even if he did due to sophopmore slump, I can still see him putting high enough numbers given how talented he is.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It's a lot more likely he'll improve as opposed to taking a step back.

Even if he did due to sophopmore slump, I can still see him putting high enough numbers given how talented he is.

It’s likely the entire league steps back. His two way game is going to improve, but the offense might not continue to grow as expected. Who knows, we know what MacKinnon is at this point, and that’s a damn dominate hockey player.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Pettersson now and the future.

I certainly understand how one would have MacKinnon for now, but I don't get how he would be better than Pettersson in the future.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Mack not close.

Let's see what happens when EP isn't getting spoon fed easy minutes, and what happens when teams are able to start strategizing ways to defend him.

Mack had a very similar rookie year to EP where he was flat out dominant at times as well but then once teams started figuring out some of his tendencies and ways to defend him he went through a slump while learning to adjust.

Which is exactly why the Sophomore slump is a very real thing that effects a lot of players.

At the pint of this response read the comments through 3 pages of garbage. Expected it. A few smart users responding with i this it’s a fair oppionion. Then you have the leafs fans again degrading hfboards , that part comes as expected.

Then you have 2 specific fan base of 2 certain teams with 2 popular rookies spewing their trash, wasn’t expected before, but now not surprised.

And we have your comment. Pettersson is getting anything but easy minutes. He’s being treated as the teams first line player by other teams. He’s up against giordano, burns and Keith. Anything but easy minutes.

If your a clueless stats watcher, bo horvat has more ice time is because the only difference is that bo also plays on the pk.

Pettersson is being deployed like hank sedin. The offensive zone time is a strategic deployment to have your best offensive guns already in the enemy zone. All teams do this. He’s also on the top power play unit , yes you want to try to score asap on the Pp so you send out your best guys and give him as time as needed. Sounds routine.

Easy minute my ass. He’s being deployed like every other first line player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad