• MacKinnon now and future

• MacKinnon now, Pettersson future

• Pettersson now and future

• Pettersson now, MacKinnon future

Results are only viewable after voting.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Not sure if this has been done yet... But noticed that Pettersson has been doing well in polls. Curious on how he will be vs MacKinnon and how much age factor will kick in.

Assume the future is in around 5 years

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
MacKinnon is still better now, maybe next season, but it'll be less than 5 years before Pettersson overtakes him.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Pettersson is overrated hahahahaha

I slightly disagree, hes put on one hell of a show. Lots of potential, I'd say it's possible for him to be top 3 in the league one day

How do you think he is overrated? In the way of where do you see people rating him now vs where he should be?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Mackinnon now and the future . Mackinnon will easily win this poll .

Appears so, I agree with HF here tho. No shame for Petty to loose this one. The dudes just been wreaking shit up on ice and people love him on hf so I figured I'd give a more challenging poll

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I'm far from a Canucks fan but the people that doubt Pettersson truly are the ones that don't watch him. He controls the game and slows everything down with his smarts. He's not even 180 lbs - he takes over games with his raw skill and IQ. MacKinnon dominates more with his power, as well as the skill.

Right now MacKinnon is better but I wouldn't put it past Pettersson to surpass him.

Reactions: lawrence

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Mackinnon is clearly better right now, he's next behind McDavid & ahead of Matthews IMO.

Pettersson has the potential to reach that level. Mackinnon now, not sure who I'd vote for future.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
the correct answer isnt in this poll:

"uhhh mac now and probably in the future but holy **** pettersson is so good that theres many alternate timelines where he becomes the best player in the league and even more where hes second best in the league behind mcd"

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
90 point pacerookies are apparently not allowed to be hyped on HFBoards.

Mackinnon is better BTW. It’s hilarious that western Canadian teams fans who are suppose to hate the Canucks think Pettersson is amazing yet fans of eastern teams think he’s overrated.
There’s one eastern fanbase that is upset that EP is considered better and more valuable than their balding pig.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
It took Mack a few years to get going Petey is not there yet but he's having a great first year. Remember Mack after his great rookie year took a step or two back for 3 years before his breakout in year 5. Mack is much stronger for sure but talent wise I think they are a lot closer then people think. Maybe homer vote but I take EP moving forward.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Mack not close.

Let's see what happens when EP isn't getting spoon fed easy minutes, and what happens when teams are able to start strategizing ways to defend him.

Mack had a very similar rookie year to EP where he was flat out dominant at times as well but then once teams started figuring out some of his tendencies and ways to defend him he went through a slump while learning to adjust.

Which is exactly why the Sophomore slump is a very real thing that effects a lot of players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad