MacKinnon vs McDavid (speed with the puck)

Who is faster with the puck?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
We all know McDavid is the faster player of the two without the puck, but with the puck I'm curious to see who people think is faster because I'm thinking its MacKinnon. I'm an Avs fan and in no way trying to be a homer, I just think MacK can absolutely fly with the puck on his stick and perhaps faster than McDavid.
It's McDavid, quite clearly. I'm not sure how you managed to think MacKinnon is faster with the puck.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'm convinced McDavid is somehow faster with the puck than without it.

well he technically does skate faster when he has the puck at least in game. because when you watch him without the puck he's just gliding waiting for a turnover like a shark in bloody waters waiting for the chance to explode up the ice.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's McDavid, quite clearly. I'm not sure how you managed to think MacKinnon is faster with the puck.
It just seems that way when MacK takes off with the puck it just looks very fast and it seems like he's the fastest player taking off with the puck. But I think it's just his acceleration that makes it look very quick.

Long distance with the puck, McDavid will win it, but it's not too crazy to think that MacK can actually beat him from let's say goal line to center ice taking off with the puck

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
It just seems that way when MacK takes off with the puck it just looks very fast and it seems like he's the fastest player taking off with the puck. But I think it's just his acceleration that makes it look very quick.

Long distance with the puck, McDavid will win it, but it's not too crazy to think that MacK can actually beat him from let's say goal line to center ice taking off with the puck
McDavid is faster in every way. Acceleration, top speed, with and without the puck.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
We all know McDavid is the faster player of the two without the puck, but with the puck I'm curious to see who people think is faster because I'm thinking its MacKinnon. I'm an Avs fan and in no way trying to be a homer, I just think MacK can absolutely fly with the puck on his stick and perhaps faster than McDavid.

You may not think your a Homer....... McD is faster with or without the puck. It amazes me some times that McD seems to be faster with the puck than without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->