Mackinnon vs Eichel

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Sorry Eichel will never be the player that MacKinnon is.

Opinions are fine, my thoughts on this matter have been documented but you just gotta love absurd posts like this.

Always love it when posters who don’t watch players talk about them like they know them. And apparently they can predict the future too for said player, it’s amazing! Had you watched Eichel regularly especially this year there’s no chance you say anything close to this and I don’t even have to ask you Canuck if you do,, eichels 200 pts in his last 200 games without a legit superstar winger in Rantanen (or even just a player that’s ever had more then 65 pts in his line) isn’t impressive nor is his absolute elite skill set. The strides he made this year in most areas have made him a more complete player and it’s absolutely possible he could even be better one day. He just isn’t yet. The fact he’s accomplished these things as a kid despite returning from serious injuries, lowest scoring teams, awful coaches, hardest match ups is nothing short of amazing. But yeah Mackinnon and his whole fifteen more points being on the hottest line in the league, this is concrete evidence that Eichel will NEVER be as good. Go back to watching Pettersen highlights, you dont know what you’re talking about.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
MacKinnon > Eichel. Even though Eichel has had more impressive per 6o 5v 5 stats, MacKinnon has better tools imo and is also improving the game of his linemates dramatically. His bottom line seems to be a fair ways enough better as well.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
MacKinnon is a tier above Eichel.

Mackinnon is better right now.

I just find this opinion comical though.

Eichel missed a few weeks and only finished 15 Pts back and that’s without the leagues leading scorer for the first three months on his line. He’s never had a player on his line who’s even got over 65 Pts while again getting 200 roughly in his last 200.

If Eichel switched spots do you really think the 82 pts in 77 games this year would still be that or would it be much higher with Rantanen and landeskog? Afterall Rantanen helped double Mackinnons point production two years in a row, how quickly people forget....Eich also has the same offensive skill set and skating Mackinnon does (just in different form, Mack is more explosive while Eichel has better strides) meanwhile producing better points per game levels when comparing season to season. Eichs done this with some of the most god awful circumstances imaginable and I’ve listed them many times in this thread. Only a hater or someone who’s watched him less then a couple times would say this.

Mcdavid is a tier above EVERYONE even Mackinnon and I know that’s hard for the Mack lovefest people to grasp at the moment due to recency bias and the importance of playoffs sinking in......he’s in the grand stage dominating while no one even watches the other guy much to begin with. It’s opinions like this that make Eichel underrated. Mackinnon, Matthews, Eichel, Barkov are all in the tier below mcdavid and it’s the second best tier there is, so it’s nothing to be shamed of. The numbers prove it as does the eye test. Unfortunately many of you haven’t done the eye test.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
No problem I probably didn’t explain it well enough. Cheers.

No he didn’t, they had solid goaltending that year and were motivated lead by the Jack Adams winning coach, The chemistry was on point that year. Mackinnon was the driving force sure but they also had stastny, landeskog, Ryan o Reilly, and a couple other great players. He had 62 points, that doesent carry you to the playoffs and he was on the ice for one third of every game. This is hockey not basketball. Star forward don’t take you on there own.

I’ve gone on about how unreal Mack is so if someone sees this post and thinks I’m bashing Mac, I’m not I’m just pointing out he didn’t carry them to the playoffs that year. The same way Matthews didn’t Carry his team by himself either, I hear that Babcock, Nylander OH and those two guys regularly called leaf MVPs in Freddy Andersen and Mitchell Marner kind of helped Toronto get there too. But Matthews 69 pts stood out due to the four goals in first game or scoring 40 as a rookie, him being the top overall pick, etc etc it takes a team to make it. Ask mcdavid.

Matthews and Mackinnon were the driving forces of making the playoffs in 14 (avs) and 17 (leafs) but they didn’t get there on their own.

2017 Maple Leafs do not make the playoffs if they don’t draft Matthews. Yes it was a team effort but he was the driving force. Had they drafted Laine or someone else It’s not likely they make it to the dance.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Mackinnon is better right now.

I just find this opinion comical though.

Eichel missed a few weeks and only finished 15 Pts back and that’s without the leagues leading scorer for the first three months on his line. He’s never had a player on his line who’s even got over 65 Pts while again getting 200 roughly in his last 200.

If Eichel switched spots do you really think the 82 pts in 77 games this year would still be that or would it be much higher with Rantanen and landeskog? Afterall Rantanen helped double Mackinnons point production two years in a row, how quickly people forget....Eich also has the same offensive skill set and skating Mackinnon does (just in different form, Mack is more explosive while Eichel has better strides) meanwhile producing better points per game levels when comparing season to season. Eichs done this with some of the most god awful circumstances imaginable and I’ve listed them many times in this thread. Only a hater or someone who’s watched him less then a couple times would say this.

Mcdavid is a tier above EVERYONE even Mackinnon and I know that’s hard for the Mack lovefest people to grasp at the moment due to recency bias and the importance of playoffs sinking in......he’s in the grand stage dominating while no one even watches the other guy much to begin with. It’s opinions like this that make Eichel underrated. Mackinnon, Matthews, Eichel, Barkov are all in the tier below mcdavid and it’s the second best tier there is, so it’s nothing to be shamed of. The numbers prove it as does the eye test. Unfortunately many of you haven’t done the eye test.

Eichel played with a 40 goal scorer on one wing and a 65 point player on the other wing. Let's not pretend that Eichel was on a line with scrubs, even if they weren't as good as Rantanen/Lasdeskog.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
You did say that Eichel was the closest to Mcdavid though but then said Mack is ahead right now. :huh:
The guy stans for Eichel every chance he gets. There isn't a player in the world except maybe McDavid that he will say is clearly better then Eichel and has more potential then Eichel. Things like actual results don't matter.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I mean anyone who has seen one shift by Mackinnon in the playoffs will know it's clearly him right now. He looks like a top 5 player in the world. Silly poll.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I never said he would.

But since you obviously know the future, I'm sure you predicted MacKinnon to go from 50 point seasons to 90 point seasons.

And just throwing it out there, Eichel's ppg and points have increased every season.

Not really concerned about the points however yes always thought that MacKinnon would be tops in the league. I was a big fan when he played in Halifax. He is much more assertive than Eichel who I find to be a bit of a perimeter player. I don't dislike Eichel it's just that I don't see him on a level with MacKinnon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad