MacKinnon Now Vs Peak Peter Forsberg

Which player do you think is the best one Mackinnon Now Or Peak Peter Forsberg?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Forsberg at his absolute peak while healthy was an absolute machine on the ice and best player in the league. Unfortunately he was injured so much and his top peak didnt last long.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
In these polls most of the time the winner will be the one that gets "peak" by the nature of that word.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Sometimes Mac reminds me of a Foppa/Sakic combo with Turbo skates on last year especially, but it's gotta be Foppa at peak didn't last long at all though

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Peak Forsberg pretty easily. I'd take prime Forsberg over MacKinnon as well.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Forsberg was on another level, and that's nothing against MacKinnon because he's amazing. Forsberg was an absolute monster on the puck.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Peak Forsberg played in a freaking amazing team with so many guys everyone knew was going to the HHOF at the time.
Everyone knew Roy and Sakic were going to be 1st ballot hall of famers.
Mackinnon is almost as important to Colorado as McDavid is to Edmonton.
I think take MacKinnon.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Gonna go with Forsberg.

I find Forsberg to be an identical player to Sidney Crosby, and they both had identical peaks IMHO.

I don't see Current MacKinnon to be on the same level as Peak Crosby. SO just by that comparison alone, I'd say he's close but not quite there.

That said MacKinnon is probably more important to this iteration of the Avs than Forsberg ever was.

E76

Sep 29, 2018
I would not be surprised at all if Mackinnon solidified himself as the second best forward of his generation over the coming seasons. Forsberg wins this poll, for now.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Gonna go with Forsberg.

I find Forsberg to be an identical player to Sidney Crosby, and they both had identical peaks IMHO.

I don't see Current MacKinnon to be on the same level as Peak Crosby. SO just by that comparison alone, I'd say he's close but not quite there.

That said MacKinnon is probably more important to this iteration of the Avs than Forsberg ever was.
Forsberg was a tremendous player but he was no Crosby. Crosby was better than Foppa at just about everything outside of physicality and defensive play and even the latter was pretty close (with Sid likely finishing top 5 in Selke voting this year).

Sid is more comparable to the Beliveaus and Hulls of the world than guys like Foppa and Sakic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad