Value of: MacKenzie Weegar

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
The Panthers already have Ekblad and Stralman at RD, with Tippett also in the system. What would they be looking for in exchange for Weegar?

Tippett? What’s he have to do with anything? He’s a forward, not a d-man.
Weegs got injured awhile back and though he made a short comeback, he apparently had lingering effects and has been healing since. When healthy, he’s capable of playing on the top pair with Ek. I don’t see him going anywhere. Love that dude.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You can already feel the OP wanting to sell Kapanen/Johnsson or Bracco/Timashov + two 2nds for Weegar..

We dont need scoring, picks or prospects for one of our blossoming #3/4D, we would love to clone a LD of him and may have found it in Stillman. And to help TOR who we're fighting with for a top 3 Atlantic spot makes no sense. Yes I assumed you're a Leafs fan

Last edited:
Reactions: bert and Laus723

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
He plays LD as well.

he’s been one of our better D and honestly I’m not attached to Stralman, especially with him making 5.5per for the next 2yrs. Tha wouldn’t be a reason to move weegar, and the fact he’s been playing on the left side is even less of a reason to move him. Plus he wouldn’t return what he’s worth.

I just want to keep Ekblad and weegar, everyone else can be moved. Way too much money tied up on the backend. Matheson, Yandle, Stralman are all on the table for me. But not weegar at the moment.

Reactions: bert

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
He plays LD as well.

he’s been one of our better D and honestly I’m not attached to Stralman, especially with him making 5.5per for the next 2yrs. Tha wouldn’t be a reason to move weegar, and the fact he’s been playing on the left side is even less of a reason to move him. Plus he wouldn’t return what he’s worth.

I just want to keep Ekblad and weegar, everyone else can be moved. Way too much money tied up on the backend. Matheson, Yandle, Stralman are all on the table for me. But not weegar at the moment.

Yandle has an NMC and Stralman an NTC (limited I think), and Matheson kinda has one due to his horrific play lately. Stralman is a solid defenseman and has looked better away from Matheson, unfortunately Math has become a bit of a black hole and is sucking the play out of his partners. Wish we could move him.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Yandle has an NMC and Stralman an NTC (limited I think), and Matheson kinda has one due to his horrific play lately. Stralman is a solid defenseman and has looked better away from Matheson, unfortunately Math has become a bit of a black hole and is sucking the play out of his partners. Wish we could move him.
Stralman's NTC is a 16 team no-trade list that he submits which is half the league (meaning its easy to find a taker if need be though the numbers look fine on him). Matheson if you retain about 1M of that salary, you could likely move him too (even with the length of his contract).

I've seen the comments before that the Panthers are paying too much on the backend but it doesnt seem that far out of whack to me. Carolina is paying ~25M on its defense, Philly is ~26M on its defense (I removed out Phil Myers too since he's kinda been playing some forward as well), and Columbus is paying ~20.6M. These are the 3 teams ahead of FL in the wild card standings and the Panthers are paying 28.4M for its defense. Yes its high but not that far out of reach of the other teams that its competing against at the moment. If I'm Tallon, I look to retain on Matheson by 1M and try to acquire Martinez from LA (in the process dumping Pysyk on the Kings) and end up being able to reduce the cap expenses in the process while upgrading at the same time.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I think Weegar is retired. We haven't seen or heard from him in weeks. Most likely on the same doctors appointment Willie Mitchell left to day-to-day years ago and never was seen again

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5