Value of: MacKenzie MacEachern to help with your bottom 6

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
MacKenzie MacEachern is a legit NHLer and good bottom six winger who has been forced to play most of this season in the AHL due to cap constraints and forward depth in St. Louis. He has good size (6'2 190+ lbs) and skates well. Not a ton of offense, but will pop in a goal every now and then. Very strong on the forecheck and a hard hitter who will drop the gloves occasionally. Left handed but can play either wing.

Career NHL stats: 106 GP / 11 G / 7 A / 18 Pts / +6 / Avg TOI 8:51 / CF% 50.5 / OZ start % 46.2

Friedman mentioned his name on 32 thoughts when talking about players the Blues could make available in a trade. I think it's possible he has quietly requested a trade after spending most of this year in the AHL when he is without a doubt good enough to play on most teams 4th line. A UFA after this season, his cap hit is only 900K but it's a 1-way contract.

Shall we start the bidding at a 4th round pick? Who needs a little depth with speed and toughness? Do I hear a 3rd?

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He cleared waivers already and hasn’t put up big numbers in the AHL, so why would anyone suddenly give up a 3rd? The best I could see is a swap for a similar tweener that’s plays a different position/style or like a conditional 7th

Reactions: lakai17

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
He cleared waivers already and hasn’t put up big numbers in the AHL, so why would anyone suddenly give up a 3rd? The best I could see is a swap for a similar tweener that’s plays a different position/style or like a conditional 7th
Not expecting a 3rd by any means. Don’t think a conditional 7th is an accurate assessment of MacEachern’s value either tho. He snuck through waivers in October, not super relevant to his value today IMO.

I think MacEachern will end up being a small add in a trade if the Blues make one for a depth dman at the TDL. He will benefit from a change of scenery, zero doubt in my mind.

From the responses thus far, it seems there isn’t a lot of interest on HF boards anyways :laugh:

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Not expecting a 3rd by any means. Don’t think a conditional 7th is an accurate assessment of MacEachern’s value either tho. He snuck through waivers in October, not super relevant to his value today IMO.

I think MacEachern will end up being a small add in a trade if the Blues make one for a depth dman at the TDL. He will benefit from a change of scenery, zero doubt in my mind.

From the responses thus far, it seems there isn’t a lot of interest on HF boards anyways :laugh:

Fans are never interested in deals like this even if they actually could help their teams. They get more excited about okay 4th liners on bad teams than okay 4th liners who are victims of depth on good teams, even if there's no difference. Understandable, because they've seen those guys play more, but it's just the nature of the beast. Probably will keep MacEachern from having appropriate value, though.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if his value is something like a 3rd/4th and you need a depth dman then MM for Josh Brown?

Ottawa now has Hamonic to play in Josh Browns spot (lmfao lets not get started here) and Josh Brown is apparently drawing some interest around the league

Unless you would rather get Mete but i think Josh Brown would be a better fit on the blues personally

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

I just don’t see anyone giving up more than that as a guarantee for a 28 year old who’s cleared waivers and is down in the minors. If there’s interest from someone a conditional 7th is probably the best case scenario. You could probably go as high as a 4th with the condition if he really is that good (say, it becomes a 4th if the team makes the finals and he plays in over half the playoff games or something)

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
if his value is something like a 3rd/4th and you need a depth dman then MM for Josh Brown?

Ottawa now has Hamonic to play in Josh Browns spot (lmfao lets not get started here) and Josh Brown is apparently drawing some interest around the league

Unless you would rather get Mete but i think Josh Brown would be a better fit on the blues personally

Personally, I think Brown is not good and wouldn't bother to play him over any of the Blues' current seven defensemen. Unless they need a body due to injury, I'd rather get a late rounder a couple years from now. Management might have a different opinion, but that's where I am.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
I just don’t see anyone giving up more than that as a guarantee for a 28 year old who’s cleared waivers and is down in the minors. If there’s interest from someone a conditional 7th is probably the best case scenario. You could probably go as high as a 4th with the condition if he really is that good (say, it becomes a 4th if the team makes the finals and he plays in over half the playoff games or something)
He’s been up and playing regularly for several weeks on the Blues 4th line (looked good doing it too). But I get that he’s not a particularly sought after asset. Hopefully NHL GMs value him a bit more than HF board posters cause he really is a decent player who deserves a larger opportunity than he is likely to get in St. Louis!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00