Value of: MacKenzie Blackwood

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Just curious of y’all’s thoughts. For a team in need of a goalie who’s playing really good hockey, behind a horrid defense. He’s had some bumps in the road in the past; seems he may have got things back on track.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I think the Devils desperately need goaltending, and are willing to overpay.
Yeah..I’ll tell you this much. He’s genuinely been my favorite Shark this season. That 51 or so save against Colorado was a wake up call. All off season all I heard was he’s a bum and not good. My eyes have seen him consistently make save after save and just battle for the team.

I think the Devils desperately need goaltending, and are willing to overpay.
I just saw the other thread title and I laughed. The irony if he gets traded back to NJ. Mikey Grier playing 6D chess.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Low. If he can stay healthy, he’s a decent 1B but that’s a big if.

3rd rounded maybe.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yea his lastinjury was his heel or something in his foot, and sometimes those never go away. Interested in seeingif he holds up at the twentygame mark

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Yeah..I’ll tell you this much. He’s genuinely been my favorite Shark this season. That 51 or so save against Colorado was a wake up call. All off season all I heard was he’s a bum and not good. My eyes have seen him consistently make save after save and just battle for the team.

I just saw the other thread title and I laughed. The irony if he gets traded back to NJ. Mikey Grier playing 6D chess.
No way. The merciless treatment he received from so-called fans (and an organization that left him out to dry) wasn't right.

He deserves better.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can see him being a Rob Blake hail mary honestly.

high pedigree, sound ability, extremely risky, relatively cheap vs. the market

Reactions: Oneiro

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think he needs more time playing well before his value takes off. We still aren't 10 games into the season, its too small of a sample size to evaluate most players and teams.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Yea his lastinjury was his heel or something in his foot, and sometimes those never go away. Interested in seeingif he holds up at the twentygame mark
In all fairness, with the amount of shots he’s already faced, it’s already been basically the equivalent of half a season.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
If Blackwood is still a top 20 goalie in any desirable metric at the end of the season I'll film myself eating surströmming*

*I'm not going to upload it anywhere but the point is it'll exist

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Always liked Blackwood, and I was still holding out hope going through last season but he did it to himself when the devils moved on from him. Maybe he’s just a guy who needs to be on a bad team and be peppered with shots to get into the groove. Inquiring teams should probably wait until the last possible moment to see if he holds it together though.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Hopefully he's getting healthy and finding his game....Most of all consistency because he had good games in NJ and a fair share of bad ones too....Best of luck to him.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
He has been really good behind a terrible SJ team so far this year. Time will tell if he can stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad