mackenzie blackwood

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
I don't know much about this guy, but the Colts seem to be playing well with him behind them. There's no sure #1 goalie from what I understand...Is he the solution?

krazy kanuck

Dec 24, 2008
Alberta
I don't know much about this guy, but the Colts seem to be playing well with him behind them. There's no sure #1 goalie from what I understand...Is he the solution?

He became the defacto number one goalie the moment they traded Fotinos. The way he's playing now he'll be a candidate for the Emms if he keeps it up...

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie

The way he has been playing, he is the solution. As KK said I wouldn't be surprised to see him win the Emms or be at least in consideration. He has been great and will only get better.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
This thread hasnt gotten any action, but it should. Blackwood was drafted 42nd OA to NJ and has been insane.

7gp .953 save %, 1.70 GAA. Small sample sizes are fun, but he could be in for a monster year

Last edited:

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Certainly Blackwood appears to be the real deal. Watching him, it appears as if he is seeing the game in slow motion, rarely out of position and tracks the puck extremely well. He is the kind of player that makes the game fun to watch.

Hopefully he can keep his play up and translate it into a WJ appearnace.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Certainly Blackwood appears to be the real deal. Watching him, it appears as if he is seeing the game in slow motion, rarely out of position and tracks the puck extremely well. He is the kind of player that makes the game fun to watch.

Hopefully he can keep his play up and translate it into a WJ appearnace.
Updated stats- 2.27 GAA and 933 SAV% 16-6-0-0
Blackwood continues doing his best to impress Hockey Canada for that invite and ultimate starting position for the WJCs .

Colt Fan

Sep 10, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
Updated stats- 2.27 GAA and 933 SAV% 16-6-0-0
Blackwood continues doing his best to impress Hockey Canada for that invite and ultimate starting position for the WJCs .

Hockey Canada had a birds eye view tonight taking in the game, Fred Brathwaite was in attendence watching. Mackenzie didn't disappoint, had a very solid effort and looked sharp once again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad