Mackenzie Blackwood : Vezina candidate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
I know it's still early to call it, because he only played 5 games thus far this season, but I like what I see from him. He only gets better. He doesn't have a strong defensive core in front of him, but he puts up impressive number. I really think people sleep on him, because he plays for a small market team.

blackwood.png

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Blackwood is an absolute stud. He does all the little things right. He has this calmness and natural ability to always be at the right place and rarely gives up a rebound. He was always good early on but I think these past couple of seasons he seems to have elevated his game. You have to be very crafty and lucky to score on the guy as he doesn't allow fluke goals often.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I mean it says right there 5 games played. Let's cool the jets for a bit and see how the season goes before we get crazy.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
His consistency is what makes me think he is a long time starter for us

He definitely doesnt get enough credit because of names like Hart, Shestyorkin, and so on in our division getting more popularity

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
The eye test doesn't lie. He is not flashy but has that complete package. Buffalo has had some great scoring chances in the first but Blackwood has been a wall. Their only goal was a screened deflection. Again, he doesn't give up easy goals.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
100%. Even last year he was one of the most consistent starters in the league. I'm not sure why he doesn't get the hype like other young goalies but he's going to be a starter for a long time. Super calm in net, rarely gives up a bad one.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
His consistency is what makes me think he is a long time starter for us

He definitely doesnt get enough credit because of names like Hart, Shestyorkin, and so on in our division getting more popularity

Exactly, I really think he is underrated and always will be just like John Gibson

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
It’s a shame our PK is such a disgrace because it’s basically an automatic goal against for him

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I was really curious what that second column was and was wondering if I missed him scoring a goal. I went and looked and I guess for goalies they do GP, Assists, PIM. Rinne's goal isn't even recorded. Weak.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This is why you don't make these threads after 5 games. His stats have dropped faster than an anchor in the Atlantic.

Since this thread was made his statline is as follows:

6GP - 3.45 GAA - .873 Save %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad