Trade: Mack to Bears for 2 first rounders

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I look forward to the Raiders drafting two busts with those picks after Gruden goes "THAT'S A FOOTBALL PLAYER RIGHT THERE, REG"

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
If you're a fan of the Oakland Raiders, is there any reason to be excited for this team going forward? They bring back a coach 10 years out of retirement, they seemed to be getting older with the signing of Nelson and a few other guys, and now the one thing that was really exciting about the defense has now been traded. Not only that, but the team is leaving for Vegas in 2 years. I remember before the JDR and McKinzie era, the Raiders were unwatchable. They were one of the most penalized teams in the league and it just wasn't good football at all. Why do I get the feeling they are headed back to that time. Maybe Gruden can get this team to play well, maybe they might pull an A's and surprise, but today feels like another dark day in a string of dark days for the Raider nation this offseason.

Just found out the Raiders gave up a second too. I don't think the Bears are a bad bad team, so those two first rounders will probably be mid first rounders or later. Good luck finding a diamond in the rough with that Oakland. It could happen, but you KNEW Mack was a franchise player. You don't KNOW what the draft pick players will be like.

Last edited:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
So the Bears get the best player in the deal, and a two, and all they gave up were draft picks?

Yup, bears won this trade unless one of those firsts becomes one of the best players in the NFL

Like Mack

Reactions: HFBCommenter

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If you're a fan of the Oakland Raiders, is there any reason to be excited for this team going forward? They bring back a coach 10 years out of retirement, they seemed to be getting older with the signing of Nelson and a few other guys, and now the one thing that was really exciting about the defense has now been traded. Not only that, but the team is leaving for Vegas in 2 years. I remember before the JDR and McKinzie era, the Raiders were unwatchable. They were one of the most penalized teams in the league and it just wasn't good football at all. Why do I get the feeling they are headed back to that time. Maybe Gruden can get this team to play well, maybe they might pull an A's and surprise, but today feels like another dark day in a string of dark days for the Raider nation this offseason.

Just found out the Raiders gave up a second too. I don't think the Bears are a bad bad team, so those two first rounders will probably be mid first rounders or later. Good luck finding a diamond in the rough with that Oakland. It could happen, but you KNEW Mack was a franchise player. You don't KNOW what the draft pick players will be like.

I lived through 13 years of bad Raiders football, still stuck with them. As today was a punch in the gut, gotta roll with what you have.

As f***ed up as the Canucks are right now, I still cheer for them. Same with the Blue Jays...this team going forward is Derek Carr and the rest of them.

Defense by committee, which is what it is right now.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don’t see how the Bears perform that badly unless they suffer a rash of injuries. Anything can happen I suppose.

I'm expecting Trubisky to be improved this year. He was, what, the third overall pick in 2017? I haven't followed the bears this year for obvious reasons, but I don't see how they will be a bad team at all.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I'm expecting Trubisky to be improved this year. He was, what, the third overall pick in 2017? I haven't followed the bears this year for obvious reasons, but I don't see how they will be a bad team at all.
Tough division suddenly.plus they play SF / AZ / Rams / NE also Bills /Fins / Jets / Giants.. If things don't go well they could be a 5 win team. But probably 8 win team in reality.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tough division suddenly.plus they play SF / AZ / Rams / NE also Bills /Fins / Jets / Giants.. If things don't go well they could be a 5 win team. But probably 8 win team in reality.

They also get the Seahawks and the Bucs along with the teams you mentioned above.

Any of the AFC East outside of NE is winnable. NFC West is solid. At least they didn't get the South. I think they can split with the West. Giants and Bucs are definitely winnable games. Plus the 6 in their own division. Lots of coin flip games for the Bears, so anywhere from 5-8 wins depending on the play of Trubisky.

From OAK, I don't see how a 3rd and 6th are worth the 2nd that they gave up. Should just have been 2 1st round picks and be done.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
They also get the Seahawks and the Bucs along with the teams you mentioned above.

Any of the AFC East outside of NE is winnable. NFC West is solid. At least they didn't get the South. I think they can split with the West. Giants and Bucs are definitely winnable games. Plus the 6 in their own division. Lots of coin flip games for the Bears, so anywhere from 5-8 wins depending on the play of Trubisky.

From OAK, I don't see how a 3rd and 6th are worth the 2nd that they gave up. Should just have been 2 1st round picks and be done.
Completely agree.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don’t hate the idea of giving up 2 1sts for a guy like Mack (especially when you get a 2nd back) but I am not sure it makes a ton of sense for the Bears to be that team.

They are at best the 3rd best team in the division and even with Mack I am not sure how much better, if at all, they are than the Lions.

In the conference I would have them definitely behind the Vikings, Eagles, Rams, Falcons, Packers, Saints. Likely behind the Seahawks and Panthers. And on par with the Lions and 49ers. That is a lot of teams to jump to just make the play-offs let alone have success.

For the Raiders maybe if they were rebuilding sure but I can’t we that being the plan so it makes no sense to me.

I guess the Bears are a decent risk to trade with as there is a chance these are two high picks.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Raiders would have been better off giving JDR one more year.

First two years, teams made progress. Last year, they had some rotten luck with injuries.

I think JDR deserved a make it or break it year to save his job.

He deserved better.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Bolded = On par or worse then Bears

Bears have tough schedule but no one is dreading playing the likes of Buffalo , Mia , NYG , etc

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I was already down on the Lions so I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago finishes ahead of them this year now.

I don't view Chicago as a playoff team but they could compete for the last wild card spot.

They are now possibly the worst team in the division.
Is there a team in the entire league that needs a player like Mack more than the Lions? I guess Quinn and Patricia figure that they'll continue to do things the "Patriot way" with a bunch of garbage bin signings and hope that the QB carries the team far. The problem is that Stafford is no Brady, to state the obvious.

They might as well trade Stafford so he can make something out of his career before it's too late. They already ruined Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson and are well on their way to ruining Stafford's career as well. What a wonderful time to be a Lions, Pistons and Oilers fan. FML

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Meh

If they stay healthy and Trubisky can play above average they are probably a 9-7 team and in WC hunt

If Trubisky sucks or Howard gets hurt team offensively will be mess and D isn't going to carry them like 2005 Bears D carried Orton led offense or how 2005 Bears D carried Grossman

D is not as good as it was then though we haven't had a true impact player since Peanut so bringing in Mack is exciting
9-7 in the NFC most likely isn't a WC spot at all NFC teams are definitely going to need at least 10 wins to be a WC team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad