Confirmed with Link: MacEachern and Musil Signed

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
They seem to really like Musil. I haven't looked into him much, seems like he'd be a typical 3c

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Funny, I thought Gawdin would have been signed ahead of Musil.

Same. I'm a little surprised Musil was signed before Gawdin. It's not like Musil is AHL eligible either next season, so I'm not sure what the rush was.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Wonder if MacEachern will go pro this year coming..

Maceacheren has too. unlike the CHL, if ur in college and sign and entry level deal, u have to play. Where CHL(Musil) u can sign, not turn pro and push the ELC down to kick in later when u do turn pro.

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
Oh I didn't realize that. Cool. I take it he will report to Chicago for their final 10 games or so

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I like Musil. I have a hard time seeing him being anything more than a 3C, but teams need 3Cs. Blues fans will love him if he ever makes the team. All heart type of player. Some decent skill, but if he ever broke 40 points in the NHL I'd be pretty surprised. I see him in the Sobotka/Brodziak mold. Bigger than both guys though.

Haven't seen enough of Maceachern to really comment. His past two seasons at Michigan State have been solid. I look forward to watching him play more often now that he's out of college hockey.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I like Musil. I have a hard time seeing him being anything more than a 3C, but teams need 3Cs. Blues fans will love him if he ever makes the team. All heart type of player. Some decent skill, but if he ever broke 40 points in the NHL I'd be pretty surprised. I see him in the Sobotka/Brodziak mold. Bigger than both guys though.

Haven't seen enough of Maceachern to really comment. His past two seasons at Michigan State have been solid. I look forward to watching him play more often now that he's out of college hockey.

I've probably been MacEachern's biggest supporter since he was drafted. I've used Riley Sheahan as a comparable for awhile now and looking at the numbers, MacEachern is at least on par with Sheahan's career.

I know he's listed as a winger, but I can see his game transitioning to centre. He has an excellent set of tools and in the last prospects camp, I thought he had the best overall shot of any of the forwards besides maybe Fabbri.

I don't think he'd be a good 4th liner with how the team is structured, but I would think he'd be a good 3rd-liner for sure.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Odd that Musil was signed

Figured theyd just sign Gawdin

They will likely sign both. We still have another two years on Gawdin before he becomes a UFA. Likely be signed this summer.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I've probably been MacEachern's biggest supporter since he was drafted. I've used Riley Sheahan as a comparable for awhile now and looking at the numbers, MacEachern is at least on par with Sheahan's career.

I know he's listed as a winger, but I can see his game transitioning to centre. He has an excellent set of tools and in the last prospects camp, I thought he had the best overall shot of any of the forwards besides maybe Fabbri.

I don't think he'd be a good 4th liner with how the team is structured, but I would think he'd be a good 3rd-liner for sure.

I'm really curious what he will do with better teammates. His team was BAD. It was like Rattie between Ott and Reaves. Watched quite a few games the best 3 years and I think he has the skills to be a player. I would like to see what he could do with someone who can dish the puck and finish. May make things a bit more interesting in the AHL next year with he and Barbashev paired together.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I have never seen Musil play the game of hockey, but I like his patrilineal genes. He looks like a hockey player too.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Odd that Musil was signed

Figured theyd just sign Gawdin

Of the two, I like Musil's chance of becoming an NHL more than Gawdin. Both project as bottom-6 forwards but Musil absolutely plays a pro style game already. Great defensively, good speed, tons of character, lots of intangibles, leadership etc. Gawdin has good skill and good intangibles but I don't see his skill being enough to earn a top-6 forward spot in the NHL and he'll have to adapt his game to fit as a bottom-6 forward.

All that said, they have until 6/1/17 to sign Gawdin and he will almost certainly be signed by then. I just rank him a little lower than Musil is all.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I wonder if Blais or MacEachern can play the RW? I'm almost certain Blais plays in the AHL next year. A line of MacEachern-Barb-Blais might be pretty productive in the AHL.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I wonder if Blais or MacEachern can play the RW? I'm almost certain Blais plays in the AHL next year. A line of MacEachern-Barb-Blais might be pretty productive in the AHL.

I remember in prospect camp that Blais and MacEachern were pretty good together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad