Macarthur - Is this it?

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
Probably out of the blue, I know. But does anyone know if he's looking to stage a comeback at some point, or does he ride off into the sunset?

Loved Clarke and wish the best for him regardless. Will always remember the overtime goal in Boston.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
Yeah he packed it in at last year’s training camp and moved to Florida with his family.
Can't go wrong with that, I suppose. He had a great career and now he can wind down with his family.

I just wonder if he might get the itch to play again, as he's only 33.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I just wonder if he might get the itch to play again, as he's only 33.

Don't see that happening. 33 is pretty old for the average pro hockey player, and with his concussion issues why risk getting injured more permanently when you're already rich and can spend priceless time with your family.

Reactions: Melgene Eunyk

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He's just waiting till the contract is up before announcing retirement.

Being a part of that run to the conference finals was a solid swan song to his career. Especially with the goal he scored against the bruins.

Reactions: Melgene Eunyk

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Pretty sure this is it for Mac. Remember him saying it meant a lot for him to come back in the playoffs and score a goal. I think at that point he knew he wasn't coming back and it really felt like a farewell.

I know he "trained" all summer after the playoff run to apparently get back into it but eventually wasn't cleared by the doctors. I feel like this was more of a formality for LTIR purposes rather than a genuine attempt to come back.. Kinda like how Gaborik tweeted that he was going for surgery and "hoped" that he would be back healthy this season.

I think Clarke understands that his own health is a lot more important.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
Pretty sure this is it for Mac. Remember him saying it meant a lot for him to come back in the playoffs and score a goal. I think at that point he knew he wasn't coming back and it really felt like a farewell.

I know he "trained" all summer after the playoff run to apparently get back into it but eventually wasn't cleared by the doctors. I feel like this was more of a formality for LTIR purposes rather than a genuine attempt to come back.. Kinda like how Gaborik tweeted that he was going for surgery and "hoped" that he would be back healthy this season.

I think Clarke understands that his own health is a lot more important.
I hope he can come back in some capacity. The guy was a workhorse - maybe he could return as a conditioning coach. Just a great guy who epitomized effort and resilience.

Regardless, I wish him the best.

Reactions: Daffy

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I hope he can come back in some capacity. The guy was a workhorse - maybe he could return as a conditioning coach. Just a great guy who epitomized effort and resilience.

Regardless, I wish him the best.

He was a very smart player, playing the right way all over the ice when he was here. I could see him coming back in a coaching/conditioning role at some point but with all that he and his family have been through in the last 2-3 years I wouldn't be surprised to see him spend a couple years at home with wife and kids.

I think having a guy like him that has lived through multiple concussions and that understands the symptoms and how bad it can potentially get would be a great asset for the organization to protect players.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
It’s to bad for the injury... he reminded me of Alfredsson a lot when he was here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->