Confirmed with Link: Mac Hollowell signed to ELC

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Hollowell, 20, currently leads all Ontario Hockey League defencemen in goals (23) and points (72) with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. In 254 regular season games over five OHL seasons with the Greyhounds, the Niagara Falls, Ontario native has collected 178 points (41 goals, 137 assists) while recording 23 points (three goals, 20 assists) in 47 playoff games.
Hollowell was selected by the Maple Leafs in the fourth round (118th overall) of the 2018 NHL Draft.

Maple Leafs Sign Mac Hollowell to Future Entry-Level Contract

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Marlies insurance if/when Rosen gets called up, no?

SSM SHOULD have a decent playoff run, so I doubt we'll see Hollowell at all.

Are CHL players eligible for AHL playoffs once their seasons are done? If so, maybe he gets into playoff action if SSM doesn't go too deep.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON

Are CHL players eligible for AHL playoffs once their seasons are done? If so, maybe he gets into playoff action if SSM doesn't go too deep.
They are, but I don't see him cracking the Marlies' lineup, injuries nothwithstanding.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I don't know about that. I'd say they are bound to get bounced in the 2nd round.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He had a really impressive training camp and then went back to junior and led the OHL in D scoring. I think Dubas just likes him.

Leading the CHL in scoring for D, not just OHL. He's had one heck of a season.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
he is 27 in his prime beating up 5 year olds who are just learning to skate. Apparently

I don't mind people pumping the kids tyres, he's had a great year but having doubts about him are fair Walshy

He's an overager, from what I understand he's a rover who leads the rush rather than play like your usual pro defensive type and I've heard he's a bit "exciting" in his own zone

I don't care about size but those other things make me more willing to withhold judgement until he gets into the pros and we see how his game translates

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I'm looking forward to see what he can do in the AHL. The guy is absolutely tearing up the O

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Hes beast mode this year. This is the guy that moved ahead of Durzi in out depth chart. He 32 more points the seymon drAchinsev (I know wrong spelling). Hes also 20 so I believe we may see him recalled after his season is over. Maybe I big hit in a late round.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
5'10 and 77kg seems like he's on the small side if your looking at NHL defenseman and size rather than average

Dunno if you noticed our 4th line with Petan on it. We go for skill over size.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Dunno if you noticed our 4th line with Petan on it. We go for skill over size.

Yeah, and did you watch Babcock's presser after the game?

Undersized guys can make it but let's not pretend it's easy for a guy that size to defend at the NHL level, that's why we can name the likes of Krug off the top of our heads

There's not that many good ones at the NHL level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad