M_B's contriversial mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Please, if you dont like my selection for your team, let me hear it!

1.Washington-Alex Ovechkin(RW)
2.Pittsburgh-Evgeni Malkin(RW/LW)
3.Chicago-Rostislav Olesz(LW)
4.Columbus-Cam Barker(D)
5.Phoenix-Lauri Tukonen(RW)
6.NYR-AJ Thelen(D)
7.Florida-Kyle Chipchura(LW/C)
8.Carolina-Marek Schwarz(G)
9.Anaheim-Wojtech Wolski(LW)
10-Atlanta-Rob Schremp(C)
11.Los Angeles-Wes O'Neill(D)
12.Minnesota-Andrew Ladd(LW)
13.Buffalo-Alex Radulov(RW)
14.Edmonton-Al Montoya(G)
15.NYI-Alexandre Picard(C)
16.Nashville-Drew Stafford(RW/C)
17.St.Louis-Enver Lisin(LW/RW)
18.Montreal-Boris Valabik(D)
19.Calgary-Dave Bolland(RW)
20.Dallas-Mike Green(D)
21.Colorado-Sami Lespisto(D)
22.New Jersey-Lukas Kaspar(LW)
23.Edmonton(from PHI)-Andrej Mezsaros(D)
24.Vancouver-Ladislav Smid(D)
25.Ottawa-Jakub Sindel(RW)
26.NYR(from TOR)-Oscar Hedman(D)
27.Washington-Evan Mcgrath(LW/C)
28.San Jose-Bruce Graham(LW/C)
29.Tampa Bay-Johan Fransson(D)
30.Washington(from DET)-Kirill Lyamin(D)

Divine Wind

monster_bertuzzi said:
Please, if you dont like my selection for your team, let me hear it!

1.Washington-Alex Ovechkin(RW)
2.Pittsburgh-Evgeni Malkin(RW/LW)
3.Chicago-Rostislav Olesz(LW)
4.Columbus-Cam Barker(D)
5.Phoenix-Lauri Tukonen(RW)
6.NYR-AJ Thelen(D)
9.Anaheim-Wojtech Wolski(LW)
10-Atlanta-Rob Schremp(C)
12.Minnesota-Andrew Ladd(LW)
13.Buffalo-Alex Radulov(RW)
14.Edmonton-Al Montoya(G)
15.NYI-Alexandre Picard(C)
16.Nashville-Drew Stafford(RW/C)
17.St.Louis-Enver Lisin(LW/RW)
18.Montreal-Boris Valabik(D)
19.Calgary-Dave Bolland(RW)
20.Dallas-Mike Green(D)
21.Colorado-Sami Lespisto(D)
22.New Jersey-Lukas Kaspar(LW)
23.Edmonton(from PHI)-Andrej Mezsaros(D)
24.Vancouver-Ladislav Smid(D)
25.Ottawa-Jakub Sindel(RW)
26.NYR(from TOR)-Oscar Hedman(D)
27.Washington-Evan Mcgrath(LW/C)
28.San Jose-Bruce Graham(LW/C)
29.Tampa Bay-Johan Fransson(D)
30.Washington(from DET)-Kirill Lyamin(D)

EDM's 14th pick looks good with Montoya, but i would take Picard IMO if still available. Meszaros looks good with the 23rd pick, although, i would also look long and hard at Smid . finally, try and grab Dubnyk with our 2nd round selection, possibly doing a small trade to secure a pick in the 30-35 range

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:

These three picks, I disagree with. I think with Stewart and Horton, the Panthers might opt for more of a finesse player if they go for a forward.

Carolina will not take a goalie, they have Cam Ward and more pressing needs.

LA's biggest need by far is goalie, they won't pass on Montoya.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Please, oh please, no Wolski to the Ducks---especially when both Ladd & Stafford are still available. I may be way off base, but I get the impression that Wolski will be another Pavel Brendl.

Last edited:

gburg2015

Apr 20, 2004
Washington DC
PhoPhan said:
These three picks, I disagree with. I think with Stewart and Horton, the Panthers might opt for more of a finesse player if they go for a forward.

Carolina will not take a goalie, they have Cam Ward and more pressing needs.

LA's biggest need by far is goalie, they won't pass on Montoya.

I agree, no way LA doesn't pick either Montoya or Schwarz at 11. And i don't see Ladd dropping past Wolski. And Olesz isn't going to go 3rd overall, his stock is dropping rapidly.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Hold on mate. I say there is very possibly a way the Kings will pass on Montoya or Schwarz. I haven't said so in the past but, if you look about, there are players like Garon/Biron/Norenen/Gerber and a couple of others that the Kings might do better trading for then by using this pick on a goalie prospect that won't be there for us for another five years.

They might draft one of them and even likely will, but, I am not as sold on it happening now as I was a week ago.

I also think that they are aware of how poor a job they have done at drafting and developing ANY goalies EVER. At this point, I think they will let those who know how to select and develope them do so and go after their other glaring need, and that is an ELITE talent at center.

They have none. Not any. Boyle the Monster has an outside shot at becoming one but that is years away I feel. Cammelleri is better suited to wing in the NHL and they dealt Aulin so, after that, Brady Murray is the best we have.

I say that they would be better off moving up if possible for a Tukonen type of center at this point and I have read that others closer to the org think so to. (not saying anything about an insider or anything daft as that)

As to them picking ANOTHER defencemen, not a snowballs chance in Manhattan mate.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The Rangers are NOT taking two d-men with their first round picks. They are very interested in both Schremp and Ladd. And, there is talk that Olesz is VERY high on their radar.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Why couldn't Carolina pick up a goaltender?

So they have Ward? The Oilers have JDD and many people believe they will take a goalie.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Dr_Gonz0 said:
EDM's 14th pick looks good with Montoya, but i would take Picard IMO if still available. Meszaros looks good with the 23rd pick, although, i would also look long and hard at Smid . finally, try and grab Dubnyk with our 2nd round selection, possibly doing a small trade to secure a pick in the 30-35 range

Man, I think alot of Oilers fans have the exact same strategy. Its hilarious looking at these mock drafts cos the comments from the Oilers fans are all the same. The strategy sorta goes like this.... get sniper, then goalie, or really huge upside d, then with second round draft one of the two that was not fullfilled with second late round pick... This draft could be an interesting one for Oil fans..can't wait. :yo:

Anyways my comments are the same as Gonzo's but some intersting picks like Florida's, though I think they are pretty set at C position, they would be looking for a Wolski/Tukonen type of player before another big center like Chipchura. Phoenix's fans would love to see Tukonen, but I think if Thelen was availible when they pick, they would take him, because their defensive prospect are pretty thin.

GXL

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
GorillazXL said:
Anyways my comments are the same as Gonzo's but some intersting picks like Florida's, though I think they are pretty set at C position, they would be looking for a Wolski/Tukonen type of player before another big center like Chipchura. Phoenix's fans would love to see Tukonen, but I think if Thelen was availible when they pick, they would take him, because their defensive prospect are pretty thin.
GXL

I just have a gut feeling that Florida isnt going to stop drafting grit (Horton, Stewart). They have plenty of European flavour with Huselius, Hagman, and Jokinen. I just think Dudley would love Chipchura's toughness.

jas said:
And, there is talk that Olesz is VERY high on their radar.

At 6 overall, of course he is.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Mountie said:
Why couldn't Carolina pick up a goaltender?

So they have Ward? The Oilers have JDD and many people believe they will take a goalie.
when you have needs at every position other than a goalie, and there are other equaly good players available....you dont take the goalie. the canes have 4-5 goalie prospects. kevin nastiuk being another. the canes are desparate for a scorer or possible stud d-man. i think they'll take wolski or thelen, i wouldnt mind ladd myself. i dont think i want wolski, but rutherford likes the ohl. seeing how the draft is in raliegh, if there is a year the canes moved up this wiould be it. theyll trade up to get barker if they can.

degroat*

Lisin isn't a bad pick, but if Green is on the table and they pass him up I'll personally deliver Larry Pleau a swift kick in the rear end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad