Series Discussion: M1: New York Rangers, a subsidiary of Tom Wilson Real Estate, Inc vs WC2: Perpetrators of Horrifying Acts of Violence

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I like Carbery, seems like most eveyrone bought in .. did a good job of playing neutral zone D, D men didnt seem pinch or rush as much and if they did, a forward always seemed to know and be on same page

Charlie probably made the "lets win 2-1" approach work more than it should have. that f***ing PP .. for the love of god change it up

We had our moments this season.

Ovi showing he is only half dead

Carlson played his heart out last 10 games or so. He had that awesome backhand wrap around goal.

martin w 2 playoff goals

AA making huge visible improvements over the year, thats huge

Strome having some real nice stretches

carlson-infinitely-punches[1].gif

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Their fanbase are assholes. I added them to my list a couple of seasons ago.

Pens
Boston
Rangers
Isles (tier 2 assholes - these ones ^^^ are top tier)
I know it was only like 4 of them out of a large rangers bunch .. but the 4 of them would just post the same bathroom wall crap over and over and over again

made the general threads for the series a cesspool of just repetitive internet fake tough guy schtick

zero actual fan to fan discussion to be had

Reactions: PlushMinus

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Plus we didn’t fire Lavi, just let his contract expire.
This is Distinction Without a Difference territory. Laviolette ceased to be employed as an NHL head coach by the Washington Capitals, whether it came via firing or contract expiration doesn't really change the optics of him sweeping his old team in the very next season.

The comment was mostly an off-hand opportunity to blow off steam after my favorite team got swept in the playoffs.

I’m not surprised. Lavi is a good coach. Didn’t work here. But i love Carberry. I think he will bring in 1 or 2 of his guys. I think Love and mueller could go.
Mostly agreed. Lavi is a heck of an NHL coach, and teams that he coaches almost always get a short term bump in their competitive level for the first 1-2 seasons he's there (sadly Washington was the exception). From a tactical perspective, his X-Os are relatively well suited to the modern NHL. He's just a guy that doesn't have much shelf life, and a guy who has a very rocky history with developing young talent. No coach is perfect, and Lavi's flaws outweighed his benefits by the end of his tenure in Washington (and I'd argue he lasted a season longer than he should have in DC). Just because he wasn't the right coach for the job at that time doesn't mean he was a bad coach or that he would fail elsewhere.

That being said, this is the Rangers' Lavi bump. It will likely carry into next year, but it's rare that he maintains for more than a couple seasons.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Well a loss was expected. I do feel like we saw thr future core of the Caps show up today. Fever, Lapierre, Malenstyn & Protas were all great today and especially Lappy i can see with an A on his sweater. Sick goal and played physical. Fever is turning into a pretty clutch guy, Malenstyn hustled ass and Protas is very hard to control/avoid.

Too bad the oldies didn't show up but i guess you can't blame them.

Also a bit disappointed the Rags leave town without bruises or Rempe getting a beatdown. At least Feverbaby dummied him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Confirmed….Ovi “tired”…

“So he comes in post-February … and so our season is hanging in the balance. … Point I’m getting at is, if he doesn’t go on that scoring run … we’re not even sitting up here, right? He was scoring consistently every single night. So what I’m getting at is that was a lot: the second half of the year and especially the last, call it, two weeks, where every game felt like life or death for our team. And again, he could answer that more accurately, but I feel like that took a lot out of him physically and mentally.”

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Can’t really comment on the series since I watched a period and a half of G1 and then missed everything else for work but when you’re trying to pull an upset, getting demolished on special teams isn’t going to help. I wasn’t sure if they were going to enter the series guns blazing since they’ve been playing playoff hockey for a month or if they’d be emotionally and physically spent from the last two months and it appears it was certainly the latter.

Reactions: Calicaps

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Re. Rempe, it is true that “living rent free” means obsession long after the stimulus is removed. Ranger fans are still going on about Wilson’s “horrifying act of violence” years after the event. It’s time for us to move on from Rempe.

PS: I’d have posted this on the thread where the chatter is still going on, but I am in the penalty box over there.

Reactions: Neil Racki

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Re. Rempe, it is true that “living rent free” means obsession long after the stimulus is removed. Ranger fans are still going on about Wilson’s “horrifying act of violence” years after the event. It’s time for us to move on from Rempe.

PS: I’d have posted this on the thread where the chatter is still going on, but I am in the penalty box over there.
I care far less about Rempe than the refs and Toronto FO that enabled the shitty calls and dirty hits.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
PP is generally not as a much of a factor in the regular season and the caps had a decent regular season PK. Didn't think the Rangers would score so much on the PP (granted two starter Ds out) is sort of a hindsight surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad