Injury Report: M*A*S*H* 4077th Is Calling - Triage Has Been Overrun.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Given the injuries at center, gotta think Dauphin is making the team. He also has to go through waivers to get to AHL and I doubt we can sneak him through.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Given the injuries at center, gotta think Dauphin is making the team. He also has to go through waivers to get to AHL and I doubt we can sneak him through.
If only someone had predicted Dauphin making the team.

Reactions: Mosby

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Thoughts on line combos if Chucky and Dvo aren't ready for Game 1?

I don't mind something like this...

Panik - Stepan - Keller
Perlini - Strome - Hinostroza
Grabner - Richardson - Fischer
Crouse - Cousins - Archibald
Dauphin

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
1. Kakko
2. Hughes
3. Cozens/Turcotte

This is such a crazy draft. So little clear delineation.
We'll draft a Dman in the Year of the Center draft, after drafting a Center in the Year of the Dman draft this past year :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Sports hernia would be disastrous. A sports hernia is what hampered Claude Giroux for 2 years and caused his dip in production. Now that he is completely over it he looks like his usual self....2 and a half years later.
Marion Gaborik early in his career too. Gabby had a glass groin.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think I saw that film. Wouldn't recommend it.
Groin rigidity often depends on the quality and purity of the glass. Ummm...speaking for a friend. Of course.

jJw1Hu

Reactions: Jagged Ice

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm so anxious to hear about this today..

So much for that :laugh:

Well Strome is ready at least I guess there's that.

Dauphin isn't even cleared for contact yet I'm not sure how much help he'll be by the time the opener comes around.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
the fact that they are stretching Chucky's medical update, to me, seems like a good thing. Seems like it's a situation where they don't want to jump the gun and prematurely release a longer timeline, and that he may just need a few days more rest until they can give an accurate time table.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
the fact that they are stretching Chucky's medical update, to me, seems like a good thing. Seems like it's a situation where they don't want to jump the gun and prematurely release a longer timeline, and that he may just need a few days more rest until they can give an accurate time table.

I don't like it. :(

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
ehh i don't think anybody likes it. He likely misses the season opener at this point. But a good friend of ours has some connections and posted that he heard a few weeks. So a 'few weeks' is better than a him hearing a month, or longer.

Yeah, I took that as a "those who really should know, don't know either, but their educated guess is a few weeks". (To the poster in question: Appreciate this being shared .) But a postponement now on the promised update is, IMHO, a bad omen. Some of the "it turns out to be no worry"-scenarios are gone from the sample-space. Bayes theorem and all of that: the bad scenarios should get a higher weight.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
TSN has Galchenyuk as a groin injury

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries

Weird. Hockeyref and rotoworld say the same thing.
I wonder if it's bad information feeding more bad info. Cause it seems unlikely to me that whatever data entry drone does the work on TSN's site has inside info :laugh:
One of his past injuries was a groin issue, maybe someone lazily copy/pasted somewhere.

Or maybe they really do know it's a groin injury but in that case you'd think someone would say so. Not our team PR flacks of course though.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Yeah, I took that as a "those who really should know, don't know either, but their educated guess is a few weeks". (To the poster in question: Appreciate this being shared .) But a postponement now on the promised update is, IMHO, a bad omen. Some of the "it turns out to be no worry"-scenarios are gone from the sample-space. Bayes theorem and all of that: the bad scenarios should get a higher weight.

the more I think of it the more you may be right. I don't take it as a positive anymore. I take it as it's so swollen they can't do much with it until it calms down. Just our luck!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Groin injury better than knee. Could still miss significant time depending on severity, but my guess is it's not severe since he finished the game and then we hear about injury. Of course, he could have slipped in the shower...most dangerous place in the home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad