Injury Report: M*A*S*H* 4077th Is Calling - Triage Has Been Overrun.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Raanta has a bone bruise.

I was pissed when Chychrun tore his knee up doing box jumps for his Instagram followers (speculation). This accident was an obvious risk.

I can't be mad about Raanta getting a deep bruise from taking a puck in a soft spot (speculation). And I can't be mad about Dvorak tripping on the ice and hurting himself in the fall. These two accidents were not obvious risks and shouldn't be blamed on anyone.

I don't have a clue what happened to Vinnistroza but I have no reason to point a finger at Coyotes staff or management.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Dvorak fell and landed awkwardly which resulted in the torn pectoral muscle.
Didn't Raanta have his own trainer in the off season as well. Still, there could be something there regarding the training staff.:dunno:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Injuries happen at this level. Everyone will need a maintenance day every now and again, but I am not seeing anything that means our staff is not getting the team into the right shape.

I will say that it is discouraging that a player like Raanta does seem to have injuries more often. I tried to look back at his injury history over his time dating back to the Rangers just to see if that was par for the course, but couldn't find anything

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Raanta has a bone bruise.

I was pissed when Chychrun tore his knee up doing box jumps for his Instagram followers (speculation). This accident was an obvious risk.

I can't be mad about Raanta getting a deep bruise from taking a puck in a soft spot (speculation). And I can't be mad about Dvorak tripping on the ice and hurting himself in the fall. These two accidents were not obvious risks and shouldn't be blamed on anyone.

I don't have a clue what happened to Vinnistroza but I have no reason to point a finger at Coyotes staff or management.
Chychrun tore his knee running up and down hills when he stepped into a gopher hole. had nothing to do with box jumps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Injuries happen at this level. Everyone will need a maintenance day every now and again, but I am not seeing anything that means our staff is not getting the team into the right shape.

I will say that it is discouraging that a player like Raanta does seem to have injuries more often. I tried to look back at his injury history over his time dating back to the Rangers just to see if that was par for the course, but couldn't find anything

As I said earlier..... I think Hill’s play has given the Coyotes a chance to keep Raanta out a while longer as not to rush him back. Chayka has consistently seemed inclined to be cautious when it comes to injuries. This isn’t any different.

Reactions: CBJ goalie

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
As I said earlier..... I think Hill’s play has given the Coyotes a chance to keep Raanta out a while longer as not to rush him back. Chayka has consistently seemed inclined to be cautious when it comes to injuries. This isn’t any different.
Then why say week to week instead of day to day? I think Raanta's injury is worse than we first thought. Hope I'm wrong. RT sounded frustrated when talking about Raanta.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
No Raanta, Demers, Dvorak, Hinostroza, Grabner, Kuemper....wow. Hopefully Garland plays a smart game tonight and doesn’t turn the puck over a million times trying to be cute. Our season is on the verge of being derailed right now with Vinny and Grabs both out at the same time. Need Hill to stay locked in and OEL and this top line need to be dominant tonight or it could get ugly.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Then why say week to week instead of day to day? I think Raanta's injury is worse than we first thought. Hope I'm wrong. RT sounded frustrated when talking about Raanta.
It takes months for a serious bone bruise to fully heal, but at some point a little Ibuprofen can mask the pain enough to play without thinking about it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It takes months for a serious bone bruise to fully heal, but at some point a little Ibuprofen can mask the pain enough to play without thinking about it.
Maybe Hammer should tell him to suck it up. Very very frustrating.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Anybody keeping an eye open for Grabner news?

Eye see what you did there.

Last I heard he was regaining vision and things were progressing well. No idea how long until he's back, though.

edit: god dammit TL.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Obviously. I’m not expecting him back this season.

I just hadn’t seen Morgan tweet anything about it

Need to see him in the weightroom...that will be the key indicator. And actually shooting pucks of course.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Chychrun tore his knee running up and down hills when he stepped into a gopher hole. had nothing to do with box jumps.

carl-i-want-you-to-kill-every-gopher-on-the-course.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad