Injury Report: M*A*S*H* 4077th Is Calling - Triage Has Been Overrun.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Team is not deep enough to get through this. I think we'll be in tank territory by the time Chychrun is back.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Time to extend Demers for 5 years?

I know this a joke but Chayka doesn't seem the type to extend journeymen ridiculously. The Chychrun and Dvorak signings are suspect (ROI-wise) because of injuries, but i don't suspect both will be injured throughout the majority of their contracts. I still like both deals.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
We are deeper on the blueline than people think. Whether that is deep enough to stay in contention is the question.

Chychrun doesn't sound overly serious - could have just tweaked something a little in first action back. General soreness, etc. May have even been the plan all along to have him alternate games for the first 5 or 6 before he is in lineup continuously.

I am a little surprised that Capobianco wasn't one of the callups over a player like Mermis due to the need to generate offensively. But both Russo and Mermis are capable along with putting up fewer PIMs (being fair, one of Capobianco's was a misconduct).

I still think some people are sleeping on Lyubushkin's potential. He's been in the KHL long enough that he can play and while his foot speed isn't great, it is adequate enough on the smaller ice surface.

I am okay with having a sub-.500 point percentage in NOV through early DEC. We are playing a lot of team that have clearly jumped into the top 3. The Pacific is so jumbled that I am happy we are getting good competition out of the way early and frankly, playing fairly well against that. Not quite at the highest level yet, but we are giving teams trouble and will continue that.

Reactions: CBJ goalie

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We are deeper on the blueline than people think. Whether that is deep enough to stay in contention is the question.

Chychrun doesn't sound overly serious - could have just tweaked something a little in first action back. General soreness, etc. May have even been the plan all along to have him alternate games for the first 5 or 6 before he is in lineup continuously.

I am a little surprised that Capobianco wasn't one of the callups over a player like Mermis due to the need to generate offensively. But both Russo and Mermis are capable along with putting up fewer PIMs (being fair, one of Capobianco's was a misconduct).

I still think some people are sleeping on Lyubushkin's potential. He's been in the KHL long enough that he can play and while his foot speed isn't great, it is adequate enough on the smaller ice surface.

I am okay with having a sub-.500 point percentage in NOV through early DEC. We are playing a lot of team that have clearly jumped into the top 3. The Pacific is so jumbled that I am happy we are getting good competition out of the way early and frankly, playing fairly well against that. Not quite at the highest level yet, but we are giving teams trouble and will continue that.

Good post, but I don't think the plan was to alternate Chick, otherwise he would be playing tonight with all the injuries. I love Bushkin's game. He give us a bit of toughness on the back end.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I don't think Lyubushkin is as slow as some have made him out to be, or he appears. I love watching him and get excited when he comes on the ice. My guess/opinion is he is efficient and only uses his speed when nesc. It seems like he uses position and IQ to save energy. Is this a skill he had to learn on a bigger ice surface?

For those who watch games live and see him away from the camera shots, please chime in.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I don't think Lyubushkin is as slow as some have made him out to be, or he appears. I love watching him and get excited when he comes on the ice. My guess/opinion is he is efficient and only uses his speed when nesc. It seems like he uses position and IQ to save energy. Is this a skill he had to learn on a bigger ice surface?

For those who watch games live and see him away from the camera shots, please chime in.

Nah he’s legit. I love him

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
During the 2nd intermission last night Jody Jackson implied that Chychrun could be back soon. Good news since she probably has some inside information

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Per Cat Silverman

Chychrun skated full contact drills for about 40 minutes this morning then switched to a non-contact jersey.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Well that's a relief, hopefully he just tweaked something because his coach was a dingbat and played him 20 minutes after being out for 9 months

Reactions: SniperHF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->