Injury Report: M*A*S*H* 4077th Is Calling - Triage Has Been Overrun.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Where'd you see that quote? Am I just reading fake news because I thought it was pretty clear it was his back. Poor dudes got hanzal written all over him. I can't imagine him playing his season.

It seems to be a made-up quote further up the tread. Ask the person I replied to. But forgive us for the pessimism here.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Wonder what the rush was to give Dvorak his contract this summer?? Hard to argue an RFA earned it with 30 something points.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Wonder what the rush was to give Dvorak his contract this summer?? Hard to argue an RFA earned it with 30 something points.

I hope this wasn't any technicality with the insurance, of the type "if they made the contract early they would get 90 % if the cap-hit back from an insurance company".:naughty:

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Having a really hard time wrapping my head around how you guys figure Dvorak could be out for the season and then to top it off assume his career might be over.... Lol

You guys don't think these teams do extensive medical exams and analyze the medical records of a prior injury that caused him to miss the end of the season before signing a long-term contract?

Also... If they knew he was injured and unlikely to play again, wouldn't that be insurance fraud? Pretty sure these contracts are insured. If not, Arizona can't afford to pay someone who isn't playing on purpose...

Pretty off the wall opinions here on the AZ forums...

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Having a really hard time wrapping my head around how you guys figure Dvorak could be out for the season and then to top it off assume his career might be over.... Lol

You guys don't think these teams do extensive medical exams and analyze the medical records of a prior injury that caused him to miss the end of the season before signing a long-term contract?

Also... If they knew he was injured and unlikely to play again, wouldn't that be insurance fraud? Pretty sure these contracts are insured. If not, Arizona can't afford to pay someone who isn't playing on purpose...

Pretty off the wall opinions here on the AZ forums...

Yeah yeah. Just joking. Bad joke, agreed.

Reactions: haulinbass

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Medical assessments, especially when it comes to something that doesn't require surgery but can be 'managed', can be wrong. The organization went through this same thing with Martin Hanzal. A small thing can spiral out of control after the fact as well. Nobody said his career is over.

How is that for an opinion? :rolleyes:

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Medical assessments, especially when it comes to something that doesn't require surgery but can be 'managed', can be wrong. The organization went through this same thing with Martin Hanzal. A small thing can spiral out of control after the fact as well. Nobody said his career is over.

How is that for an opinion? :rolleyes:

I don't know much about the Hanzal situation and how comparable it really is to this situation, so I'm not even going to spend the time to get into that. But even if it is a fair example, I would say that situation is an outlier. These guys are getting world class medical attention. Look, all I'm saying is it sure sounds like people are beginning to overreact.

Reactions: Jakey53

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't know much about the Hanzal situation and how comparable it really is to this situation, so I'm not even going to spend the time to get into that. But even if it is a fair example, I would say that situation is an outlier. These guys are getting world class medical attention. Look, all I'm saying is it sure sounds like people are beginning to overreact.
We're coyote fans. So many ridiculous awful things happen to us that we expect the worst possible outcome. It's how we cope with following this neverending train wreck of a team.

Having said that I doubt any conspiracy here, but a back issue this young is scary, especially one that's taken this long to heal and now has flared up again. Hopefully it's no big deal, we'll see.

Phatastic

Oct 17, 2018
This was buried in the ‘Yotes Notes on nhl.com today:
• Chayka said center Christian Dvorak recently suffered a setback in his recovery process via a "fluke play." It's a different injury than the one that has sidelined him for the first five games of the season. "We're still evaluating that and seeing what the best path moving forward is," Chayka said.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This was buried in the ‘Yotes Notes on nhl.com today:
• Chayka said center Christian Dvorak recently suffered a setback in his recovery process via a "fluke play." It's a different injury than the one that has sidelined him for the first five games of the season. "We're still evaluating that and seeing what the best path moving forward is," Chayka said.
Not sure if that’s better or worse...

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Not sure if that’s better or worse...

Yeah because they won't tell us what the hell the injury, now injuries are. Such a stupid new rule or trend or whatever the f*** it is not to tell us what injuries the players have. It's freaking sports. Injuries are part of sports so they're part of the story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->