Injury Report: M*A*S*H* 4077th Is Calling - Triage Has Been Overrun.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Don't worry, Galchenyuk isn't the sort to play through that kind of adversity.
He seems pretty motivated this summer. The change of scenery seems to have sparked something. Talk is cheap, though. Obviously the luster can fade quickly, too. My expectations are low but my hopes are high.

I agree with @Ultra Mega Chychrun that I really don’t want them rushing him back just because they can’t score goals. I don’t want him to get off to a bad start and have that snowball into a poor season.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I kinda hate to think this, but with Dvo beiug injured and also just signing that extension; do you think (possibly) Dvorak keep some of this nagging injury secret? Like, obviously he was hurt near the end of the season. But maybe he didn't completely divulge how much trouble he was having with it to Chayka. I'm just wondering if this injury had any sort of factor on the extension one way or another.

Maybe Chayka knew it was not a simple injury and thats why he gave the relatively low cap hit offer for a 2nd line center, or did Dvo know his injury would cause his problems so he might as well lock in now while he can? Maybe it's a combination of both. I know it probably sounds confusing, but it just made me think a lot about the situation.

Here is my opinion:

The Coyotes were aware of the severity of Dvo's injury. I can't recall what was first, the contract extension or seeing he wasn't going to back anytime soon. If they knew (and they should have), and his injury is as bad as I think it could be (now or future), did Chayka throw him some bones as a strategic play, in order to make future Cap? Smith's retention and Bolland's salary hit fall off after this year, leaving only Ribiero and Hossa for fake Cap in 19/20. The following year only Hossa will be on the books, then he drops.

Some have said these Cap dumps are getting harder to grab. If that's the case, perhaps this was deliberate. I know it's a stretch, but so is the contact in light of his injury.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yeah.... seems like these things always happen after I post what I think is the latest news. :laugh:

Dvo had a relapse though (according to Morgan) and is going for a re-evaluation.

Reactions: mantha39

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Here is my opinion:

The Coyotes were aware of the severity of Dvo's injury. I can't recall what was first, the contract extension or seeing he wasn't going to back anytime soon. If they knew (and they should have), and his injury is as bad as I think it could be (now or future), did Chayka throw him some bones as a strategic play, in order to make future Cap? Smith's retention and Bolland's salary hit fall off after this year, leaving only Ribiero and Hossa for fake Cap in 19/20. The following year only Hossa will be on the books, then he drops.

Some have said these Cap dumps are getting harder to grab. If that's the case, perhaps this was deliberate. I know it's a stretch, but so is the contact in light of his injury.
Could also partly explain the Hayton pick.

Reactions: Lilhoody

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Could also partly explain the Hayton pick.

They did extend Dvorak though.
Now that he's a long term asset here I'd be very cautious about bringing him back :laugh:

It's still not even all that clear to me what his issue is? Did he have surgery and that hasn't been reported? He has been out a long time.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Dvo had a relapse though (according to Morgan) and is going for a re-evaluation.
That's a little scary sounding, I'm half expecting one of those shutdown for the year announcements. "He could play through it but we decided what's best for Christian and the franchise is to take care of it now so he'll be strong, healthy and ready to go next season."

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Dvo injury is a lower back, right?

Kind of surprised by the lack of details, allways. But if they think there are bullys out there who should never know, they are probably right.

(I have no idea what his injury is. Sorry for waisting your time.)

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
That's a little scary sounding, I'm half expecting one of those shutdown for the year announcements. "He could play through it but we decided what's best for Christian and the franchise is to take care of it now so he'll be strong, healthy and ready to go next season."

Next season...? Man. Those were not the words I've been looking for.

Next SEASON? Aahrg...

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Next season...? Man. Those were not the words I've been looking for.

"He could play through it but we decided what's best for Christian and the franchise is to take care of it now so he'll be strong, healthy and ready to go next season."

Where'd you see that quote? Am I just reading fake news because I thought it was pretty clear it was his back. Poor dudes got hanzal written all over him. I can't imagine him playing his season.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
If I had to place a bet, Dvorak's injury is disk related. My impression is they elected not to do surgery and it isn't or hasn't healed any better than an invasive surgery might have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->