Lyle Odelein WAS having serious health issues

Umbrella

Oct 24, 2017
Habs Town
one of my favorite player forever , that guy make me love hockey ! sad newz to read... hope he get better , i dont know yet what the health problem but thanks for the info Hullois , content de voir que je suis pas le seul a avoir apprecier ce que Mr Odelein a faite pour le Canadiens !

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Thoughts and prayers are with him and the family. He is a warrior so what ever he has I am sure he will beat it!

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Things I remember about Lyle:

He once scored a hat trick

Red Fisher always called him “The Squire of Quill Lake”

He played for Canada in the 1996 World Cup.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Loved Odelein. I was so mad when Barnaby refused to fight him and told him he was crazy from the bench. He was on another planet between 92 and 94 he was playing like he was possessed.

Hope he recovers.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Things I remember about Lyle:

He once scored a hat trick

Red Fisher always called him “The Squire of Quill Lake”

He played for Canada in the 1996 World Cup.

Hopefully, Lyle pulls through whatever is ailing him. That's way too young to be suffering like that.

Are you sure he was on the 96 world cup team? I don't remember him at all on that team, and with all due respect, that type of position was probably out of his depth.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Hopefully, Lyle pulls through whatever is ailing him. That's way too young to be suffering like that.

Are you sure he was on the 96 world cup team? I don't remember him at all on that team, and with all due respect, that type of position was probably out of his depth.

With all due respect, you could have googled.

1996 World Cup of Hockey rosters - Wikipedia

Thanks for proving my point that people forget and assume he was “probably out of his depth.”

Reactions: badbrains

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
With all due respect, you could have googled.

1996 World Cup of Hockey rosters - Wikipedia

Thanks for proving my point that people forget and assume he was “probably out of his depth.”

Yeah it is easy to forget that he was on that team, but it doesn't feel appropriate to talk about this further right now.

All I will say is that it must have been a thrill for him to be playing alongside names like blake, bourque, macinnis, neidermayer, coffey, and Stevens. These are all hall of famers we are talking about.

Reactions: PaulD

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hope that he pulls through, one of my favourite habs during his time here.

Didn't they used to play Hold The Line at home games? I don't remember him doing anything remotely objectionable as a Hab, so I'll take everyone's word in this thread that he's a good guy. I hope he gets better and recovers his health.

Reactions: Fixxer

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Didn't they used to play Hold The Line at home games? I don't remember him doing anything remotely objectionable as a Hab, so I'll take everyone's word in this thread that he's a good guy. I hope he gets better and recovers his health.
He was a stay at home defensive defense man that was one of the toughest players that I saw since I started watching the habs, he could scrap with the best of them and was a very good body checker, I loved him.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
What Habs fan during that era didn't love Odelein?! One of my favourites back then.

I had a friend who played with / against some pretty good players - around the midget level - such as Brind'amour, Fleury, etc ... (a few other guys I can't recall, but big names)

Anyways, he was talking about these players, and asked me:
- "do you know who had the best hands of all of them?"
- "Nope"
- "Lyle Odelein"
- "c'mon"
- "hands down!"

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Lyle once had a Hat Trick.. he also had a 5 assists game. I remember after each of his fights at the Forum the DJ would put the "Hold The Line" song by Toto.

He once slapped the puck on the Sabres bench at the end of a game and got suspended for it. lol

what a team player and warrior with a great smile.

Hang in there Lyle!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad