Brendan Leipsic - Adam Gaudette - Jake Virtanen

Alexander Edler - Troy Stecher
Michael Del Zotto - Derrick Pouliot
Ashton Sautner - Alex Biega

Jacob Markstrom

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • #PrayersForHumboldt
  • Nuge sits at 23 goals, 24 is his career high in a season. Leon sits at 24-45-69.
  • Daniel and Henrik Sedin's last game in the NHL. Congrats on an amazing career. Hope we make you wish it ended on Thursday.
  • Game 82 for all the teams jockeying for draft position around us. The Oilers currently sit pre-lottery with the 7th overall pick, but could jump up to 10th overall by the end of the night. We'd like to see wins for the Blackhawks, the Islanders and the Rangers. If we were theoretically tied in points at the end of the night with either New York team, we hold the tie breaker (ROW) over both teams. Chicago would hold ROW over us in the event of a tie in standings point.
  • This season sucked. Mercifully it is over. McDavid is the best player in the world and Oilers Hockey is almost unbearable to watch. There's alot of work to do. I hope Chia's not the one to do it, but the mystery of internal options is frightful as well. I hope TMac is given his walking papers Monday morning, he gave up. The whole coaching staff needs to go.
  • See ya'll at the draft lottery!

Last edited:

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
We can finally put this dog down.

Amazing that, if we win, we put ourselves out of a more solid pick. This is definitely one where we need McPoints and a loss, no jokes.

Reactions: Supermassive

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
I'm sure the Canucks will be emotionally charged to play this game. 3-0 Canucks, congrats to the Sedin's on a great career.

As far as draft standings go, I am hoping for a loss. Does anyone remember when we won a meaningless last game in 07 and passed Chicago to finish 6th last. Chicago went on to win the lottery and end up with Kane, we ended up with Gagner. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
My old man scored tickets. Should be a cool one to attend.

7-0 Vancouver

Good for you. Should be a special game. I hope the Oilers have something planned to honour the sisters.

I'd be fine with 7-5 'nucks, five McPoints and Scam Talbot pulled after letting in four goals on six shots.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers win tonight. Sedins and Canucks used up their emotional energy with that last home game. I think we’re moving up at least a couple spots in the standings.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I know it's unpopular but I would be cool with this, honestly.

Tanking is for losers.
I’m hoping for a win too. 7 through 10 is a bit of a crapshoot when it comes to the draft and the lottery is too at this point. With three picks up for grabs and the odds lower than they were than before all the changes for teams at the bottom it’s just not worth it anymore to get all worked up about racing to the bottom.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Best case scenario is we win, along with the Hawks and Rangers and the Isles pick up a point. Better to go into the summer off a couple wins, but still stay in the same draft spot.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
What'll happen is that the Oilers will lose tonight, securing the 7th overall draft position...then later on the teams in positions 8/9/10 will win all 3 lotteries to move up to 1/2/3, pushing us down to 10th anyway. #JUSTOILERTHINGS

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers organization and Canucks organization should come to an agreement for tonight's game. We'll play the Sedins with our 4th line if you play McDavid with your 4th line.

mintmint

May 6, 2017
What'll happen is that the Oilers will lose tonight, securing the 7th overall draft position...then later on the teams in positions 8/9/10 will win all 3 lotteries to move up to 1/2/3, pushing us down to 10th anyway. #JUSTOILERTHINGS

actually.... quite the opposite has happened.

Reactions: ToddsBod

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
this game is probably going to be a low intensity, low scoring, snooze fest, but i’ll check it out for McDavid.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
This season has needed a bullet to the head since late November. Glad its finally getting one. Grudging respect to the Sedins. Classy and worthy adversaries. Lots of Mcpoints, please, though I sincerely hope the Oilers get shelled. Chia needs every last heap of embarrassment the mess he has created can deliver. Hopefully enough that he gets canned. Better draft pick just a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->