LWMD Playoffs Stanley Cup Finals - St Louis vs Montreal

Which team would win in a 7 game series ?

• Total voters

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
The League Wide Mock Draft is a annual draft game on the Canucks board where users try and create the best team possible via drafting and trading. This years GM's have assembled their teams and voted on who they think were the top 8 in each conference. With the rosters provided below which team would win in a 7 game series ?

:habs

Johnny Gaudreau - Steven Stamkos - Daniel Sprong
Patrick Eaves - Alexander Wennberg - Elias Pettersson
Adrian Kempe - Radek Faksa - Nick Bjugstad
Alex Iafallo - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Kasperi Kapanen

Duncan Keith - TJ Brodie
Miro Heiskanen - Connor Murphy
Dmitri Kulikov - Kevin Connauton

Carey Price
Aaron Dell

Extra:
Scottie Upshall
Zach Whitecloud

:blues

Jaden Schwartz - Ryan Getzlaf - Ondrej Kase
Alex Galchenyuk - Jordan Staal - Patric Hornqvist
Conor Sheary - Ryan Strome - Loui Eriksson
Brendan Perlini - Colton Sceviour - Charles Hudon

Ryan McDonagh - PK Subban
Mark Pysyk - Jason Demers
Braydon Coburn - Julius Honka

Devan Dubnyk
Malcolm Subban

Extra:
Nick Suzuki
Chad Ruhwedel

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Montreal has a better forward group, but I think there are too many questions on defense. An aging Keith + a highly skilled yet still unproven Heiskanen does very little to tame by boner so to speak.

Blues take it, and I vote for my arch enemy Black Noise.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
Good points.

@Black Noise - what’s your rebuttal to this? He makes some valid points. I might have to change my vote unless you can convince me me otherwise.
My defence is better than his top to bottom.
McDonagh - Subban is easily quite better than Keith - Brodie considering how bad Keith was last season.

Heiskanen is an unknown for this upcoming season and Murphy isn’t all that good so I’d take Pysyk - Demers who are both good shutdown guys.

Kulikov - Connauton and Coburn - Honka is a wash.

Also I don’t understand how my bottom 6 is atrocious. You have one of the best defensive wingers in Eriksson on the 3rd anchoring to Sheary and Strome both of whom are 30 point guys. Eriksson has also been insanely unlucky the past two seasons (shooting at 8 and 9% the past two seasons when his career average is 13% and injuries) and is primed to have a better season. Even then, his defensive game is good enough where he's still a valuable player in the bottom 6.

Perlini - Sceviour - Hudon is no where close to a bad 4th line and probably one of the most skilled 4th lines out of all the team in the game. Two young skilled 30 point wingers with a hard working 25 point C, honestly don’t know how you can’t love that as a 4th line.

Also Montreal’s 2nd line is hot garbage outside of Pettersson who as much as I love him is a question mark for this season at 5v5. Eaves hasn’t even played a NHL game in a year and Wennberg has 0 capability at scoring goals. Don't see how that line is anything close to effective at 5v5. My second line of Galchenyuk - Staal - Hornqvist blows that line out of the water and it isn’t particularly close. Staal and Hornqvist are possession monsters at 5v5 so pairing those to together with a Galchenyuk and his massive offensive potential makes for an elite 2nd line.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
McDonagh - Subban is easily quite better than Keith - Brodie considering how bad Keith was last season.

Heiskanen is an unknown for this upcoming season and Murphy isn’t all that good so I’d take Pysyk - Demers who are both good shutdown guys.

Also I don’t understand how my bottom 6 is atrocious. You have one of the best defensive wingers in Eriksson on the 3rd anchoring to Sheary and Strome both of whom are 30 point guys. Eriksson has also been insanely unlucky the past two seasons (shooting at 8 and 9% the past two seasons when his career average is 13% and injuries) and is primed to have a better season. Even then, his defensive game is good enough where he's still a valuable player in the bottom 6.

Perlini - Sceviour - Hudon is no where close to a bad 4th line and probably one of the most skilled 4th lines out of all the team in the game. Two young skilled 30 point wingers with a hard working 25 point C, honestly don’t know how you can’t love that as a 4th line.

Also Montreal’s 2nd line is hot garbage outside of Pettersson who as much as I love him is a question mark for this season at 5v5. Eaves hasn’t even played a NHL game in a year and Wennberg has 0 capability at scoring goals. Don't see how that line is anything close to effective at 5v5. My second line of Galchenyuk - Staal - Hornqvist blows that line out of the water and it isn’t particularly close. Staal and Hornqvist are possession monsters at 5v5 so pairing those to together with a Galchenyuk and his massive offensive potential makes for an elite 2nd line.

That’s a first class rebuttal.

Sorry @LaVar - but I’m not really sure if you can top that. He pretty much just took you to the woodshed, and BN is my mortal enemy! Don’t make me vote for him! :D

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013

Majority of this is so blatantly untrue that I'm not even going to bother responding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad