LW Zack Stringer - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2021 undrafted)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I was surprised that there were no thread for this kid

F / Shoots: Left
6 foo 1 / 155 pounds
Apr 10th 2003, Lethbridge,AB - 2021 top prospect -

Stringer-Action2.jpg

2017-2018 AMHL - AAA - Lethbridge Hurricanes Midget
reg: 17g+13a=30pts (1.50 ppg)

2017-2018 Telus cup - Lethbridge Hurricanes Midget AAA
7g+4a=11pts (1.57 ppg)

2017-2018 WSI U15 - Western Canada Selects
2g+12a=14pts (1.50 ppg)

"Stringer was selected eighth overall by the Hurricanes last week at the WHL Bantam Draft in Red Deer, Alberta. The Lethbridge product played as an underage with the Lethbridge Midget AAA Hurricanes in 2017-2018"

“We were really pleased to have been able to get Zack at eighth overall and we are very, very excited to be able to get him signed,” said Hurricanes General Manager Peter Anholt.

"I’m humbled to be drafted by my hometown & can’t wait to work hard for the Canes. My deepest thanks to my coaches, trainers, parents & everyone who’s sacrificed for me to make it to this point!" #CaneTrain

Last edited by a moderator:

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
My son played against this kid two years ago. Power forward is a good characterization. Skating needed work then but his size was an advantage then.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Up to the WHL with a bang. Scored his first goal last night and added an assist. Has some decent skill for a 'power forward' type player. 3 points in 4 games as Lethbridge clinches a playoff spot. Seems to have a great skating stride and technique, lacks a bit of speed which should come. Quick hands and a nice wrist shot with a good release from what I've seen. Also handles the physicality in the WHL quite well for being so young and skinny still. You can see a physical specimen ready to blossom in this one.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I remember people talking about him way back, I'm kind of surprised he grew to be 6"1 so fast he was quite tiny a couple years ago IIRC

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Listed on the 1st line for tonight against Calgary. Been a very rough series so far, to say that's impressive would be an understatement, given that he's still 15.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
In all quietness has had a strong rookie season,
9 goals, 31 points, +12, 0.75 ppg, with 61 shots on goal and 22 pim.
(with very limited pp time i presume, or limited ice time all together)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah he had a good rookie year even though he didn't have a huge role. Skating has improved a fair amount but still needs to improve for him to be a 1st rounder, potential is definitely there though. A lot will depend on whether Cozens sticks in the NHL and if Okuliar is back as a OA. I personally expect both to turn pro which would mean Stringer would likely be on the top line with Barlage and Hall. If so he should be a ppg+ year for him. I'd put him 6th right now for WHL forwards for next year after Sillinger, Guenther, Korczak, Roulette and Stankoven but it's looking like another 19 draft for the dub which could see close to 10 1sts(unlikely but possible)

Reactions: Dominance

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
I know the WHL hasn't started, but I am surprised he did not move to Sweden or Finland to play. Being such a highly touted prospect, it is a big shame that he is not playing

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
I know the WHL hasn't started, but I am surprised he did not move to Sweden or Finland to play. Being such a highly touted prospect, it is a big shame that he is not playing
Theres only been 2 WHL players to go overseas so far, Carson Lambos and Connor Bedard so it's not like it's a big trend that he missed out on. Euro junior teams are already filled up as lots of NHL prospects got loaned to european pro leagues, pushing their own junior age players back down and filling up spots.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I saw him being selected in the 1st round in 2019-20.

Rarely seen a player not progressing between 16 and 20 years old.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Adopted at 18 months, I doubt it.

I think mentally he hit a barrier.

It must not be easy to have been one of the best players in the world in pee-wee and to have seen players become better than him year after year.

His NHL dream that flies away when he believed in it for years. I don't even know if he will manage to make his mark in ECHL.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada

It must not be easy to have been one of the best players in the world in pee-wee and to have seen players become better than him year after year.

His NHL dream that flies away when he believed in it for years. I don't even know if he will manage to make his mark in ECHL.
He is an insanely light player too. While that necessarily isn't the worse on it's own, he isn't really a skill guy and his skating is pretty crummy having watched Bedard 10+ time last year (achille injury can't have helped). Just a high IQ player who peaked early and isn't physically cut out for NHL hockey. It is what it is.

IWillMakeTheNHL

May 13, 2023

His NHL dream that flies away when he believed in it for years. I don't even know if he will manage to make his mark in

Didn’t mean to do that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad