LW Zachary L'Heureux - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2021, 27th, NSH)

wein

Jul 2, 2013
That was the expectation since it happened. Halifax will be sending draft picks they got at the deadline back. Not sure how the season ending early changes things, if any.

I don’t think it changes anything for Moncton unfortunately.

There was some effort by the teams that were going for it to get some compensation from the league, but that was denied. So essentially any team that was a buyer essentially lost out. Obviously this was outside of everyone’s hands but it sucks for teams like Moncton, Rimouski, Sherbrooke and Chicoutimi that traded big assets for a go for it year. It is what it is I guess.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I don’t think it changes anything for Moncton unfortunately.

There was some effort by the teams that were going for it to get some compensation from the league, but that was denied. So essentially any team that was a buyer essentially lost out. Obviously this was outside of everyone’s hands but it sucks for teams like Moncton, Rimouski, Sherbrooke and Chicoutimi that traded big assets for a go for it year. It is what it is I guess.

It is really bad

The good news for these teams is they all have some good players left, but of course they are weaker as a whole. But there isn't *one* club that looks to dominate everyone next year, so any one of these clubs could still go for it in theory....

Moncton I think is in the worst shape, with only Pelletier and Spence remaining and basically not much depth.

Sherbrooke seems to be in the best shape if Samuel Poulin doesnt make the NHL

Rimouski technically could get Lafreniere back, but that probably wont happen

Chicoutimi has some holes to fill, especially if Knyazev goes to AHL like he is rumoured to

Don't forget about Cap Breton who was one of the best clubs too and had made some significant acquisitions. They could still compete next year, although I think they will enter sellers mode

Other teams I like for next season are Saint John and Val d'Or

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
It is really bad

The good news for these teams is they all have some good players left, but of course they are weaker as a whole. But there isn't *one* club that looks to dominate everyone next year, so any one of these clubs could still go for it in theory....

Moncton I think is in the worst shape, with only Pelletier and Spence remaining and basically not much depth.

Sherbrooke seems to be in the best shape if Samuel Poulin doesnt make the NHL

Rimouski technically could get Lafreniere back, but that probably wont happen

Chicoutimi has some holes to fill, especially if Knyazev goes to AHL like he is rumoured to

Don't forget about Cap Breton who was one of the best clubs too and had made some significant acquisitions. They could still compete next year, although I think they will enter sellers mode

Other teams I like for next season are Saint John and Val d'Or

Moncton doesn't have a 1st or 2nd for the next 3 years I believe. One would think Pelletier and Spence will be moved along this summer or at the next deadline for high draft picks.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
It is really unfortunate for the buyers of the CHL, the way i see, its as if the buyers lost in the playoffs.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Saint John is in the best shape in the Q right now very easily, with the additions of McDonald and Reynolds, a top 3 pick + another 1st, and the return of every impact player on their roster outside of Durocher.

They will have three 2020 D drafted this year and possibly 1 forward, they will have three 2021 1st round calibre forwards, and the have a ton of draft capital to make trades and picks.

They were able to abuse the draft taking NCAA kids, getting Roy 1st, then the guy they actually had ranked 1st in the 2nd, and then a guy in the 1stish in the 3rd. Now that they’re reporting, to go along with their extremely strong 17 year olds, they will be very scary the next 2 years.

They will be a very good team next year, and will be downright dominant the year after.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Saint John is in the best shape in the Q right now very easily, with the additions of McDonald and Reynolds, a top 3 pick + another 1st, and the return of every impact player on their roster outside of Durocher.

They will have three 2020 D drafted this year and possibly 1 forward, they will have three 2021 1st round calibre forwards, and the have a ton of draft capital to make trades and picks.

They were able to abuse the draft taking NCAA kids, getting Roy 1st, then the guy they actually had ranked 1st in the 2nd, and then a guy in the 1stish in the 3rd. Now that they’re reporting, to go along with their extremely strong 17 year olds, they will be very scary the next 2 years.

They will be a very good team next year, and will be downright dominant the year after.

They also added 19 yo defenseman Chris Inniss and 19 yo forward Nicholas Girouard. They're set up for the next 2 years maybe 3.

All they need right now is a #1 goalie. I still have my doubts about Patenaude.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I love how this L’Heureux thread is now a thread about the QMJHL.

I’d say Saint John is the favourite for next season honestly; as the poster above me mentioned, their only weakness is at goaltending. Most of Saint John’s best players will be back for the 2021/22 season also so they are looking scary going forward.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It is really bad

I really feel Cape Breton can't afford to do anything but try to win under new ownership. Unless it is so obvious they can't get an upper half seed, they need to have some success.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I love how this L’Heureux thread is now a thread about the QMJHL.

I’d say Saint John is the favourite for next season honestly; as the poster above me mentioned, their only weakness is at goaltending. Most of Saint John’s best players will be back for the 2021/22 season also so they are looking scary going forward.

Colten Ellis would be a nice addition for them.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Halifax got an absolute home run from that trade.

Feel extremely bad for Moncton fans, lost their M-Cup Host Bid and their insanely stacked M-Cup run season.

I don't know how Zachs game will transition over to Halifax, playing as an LW on the 3rd line to suddenly being a 1st Line potential center. Might be a learning curve and lower production but by 18 when he's got his game all figured out his gonna center a pretty stacked line of him and 2 imports (Biaska/Peeters) or his fellow teammate Elliot Desnoyers.

He's an extremely tough guy too and maybe not always the smartest. Pretty comparable in ways to Tom Wilson or his former teammate Alexander Khovanov which the NHL is really missing now-a-days.

25 minutes in fighting PIMs with the 'Cats
Zachary L'Heureux
(hockeyfightsdotcom)

As mentioned before Zach was off to a blistering start in the 'Q getting his first point first game, and going on an 11 game point streak that saw 6G and 15P. He really brings all the elements to the table and is a future world junior no doubt. Nasty (in a good way) player for years to come!

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Production wisely...somewhat disappointing numbers so far this season.

His team mates, the 18 year old monster one, his age group and even the 16 year olds have out produced him
+ The 4 game suspension and all - troubling???

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Production wisely...somewhat disappointing numbers so far this season.

His team mates, the 18 year old monster one, his age group and even the 16 year olds have out produced him
+ The 4 game suspension and all - troubling???

Not true. Come on man.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
How has he been this season?

Pretty good in my viewings. Gets carried a bit by Desnoyers who looks like a god in the Q to start the year, but he's still a strong skater with great hands and good finishing ability. He's a projectable player at the next level, don't know how high the upside is though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like this kid, skill, personality, confidence. He's ranked #18 by Bobby Mac. A team would be lucky to get him there. Think he will make a bigger impact than that. He's one I have my eye on.

Reactions: Tripod

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Pretty good in my viewings. Gets carried a bit by Desnoyers who looks like a god in the Q to start the year, but he's still a strong skater with great hands and good finishing ability. He's a projectable player at the next level, don't know how high the upside is though.
1-4, but where ? I don’t see how he doesn’t play unless he gets in his way. I think he’s a pick where you expect an nhler and are happy with the rest.

before his rise, I remember we thought he would be a 3rd/4th line guy, but that was Bantam, he’s shown he can score well since.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I like the kids drive but man he’s selfish. He takes one or more undisciplined penalties every night. The referees won’t give him a break now and the other teams know this and take liberties against him. There’s a lot of talent there but he may be uncoachable. I think he’ll drop to the second round in the NHL draft. He’s a true wildcard.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I like the kids drive but man he’s selfish. He takes one or more undisciplined penalties every night. The referees won’t give him a break now and the other teams know this and take liberties against him. There’s a lot of talent there but he may be uncoachable. I think he’ll drop to the second round in the NHL draft. He’s a true wildcard.
Let’s make one thing clear, he knows how to pass, can do it well and has good vision, I’m not worried about a 17 year old who’s trying to take on more in his draft year.

he’s always played on the edge and had a fire to him, he does cross the line and needs to work on his discipline, he’s someone who wants to win more than anything, gets fustrated. He’ll grow out of it.

I think his rise has pumped his ego a little too high, and he needs to work harder, but i really do get it. He will get back to where he came from, and when that happens he’ll find himself again.

he’s so far from uncoachable, I burst out laughing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->