LW William Strömgren - Modo Hockey, J20 (2021, 45th, CGY)

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
William Strömgren at eliteprospects.com

This guy definitely deserves some buzz. 6'2 winger with extremely good skating and puck skills. Really oozes skill. Putting up points in J20 at the same rate as highly touted guys like Simon Robertsson and Fabian Lysell. The go-to guy and easily the most talented player in Modos J20, should see him with the mens team in Allsvenskan sooner rather than later imo.

Some plays he's made in the start of the season:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
First time watching Strömgren in Allsvenskan today. I was quite impressed, he should be able to put up some points.

Reactions: wings5

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Goal:

Assist:

Modo's handling of him has been strange. Looks great everytime he gets decent minutes. They could at least give him a jersey with his name on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuntrui

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Swedish winger William Stromgren has been playing in the Modo Hockey system but was recently traded to Rogle BK. Playing for the men’s team in the Allsvenskan, he put up three goals and nine points in 27 games this year. It was the most points by an under-18 player in the Allsvenskan this season. He also played 14 games in the J20 league scoring 10 goals and eight assists for 18 points. He led the North Division in goals. Stromgren also put up one goal and three points in the J18 league. With Swedish junior leagues ending their season early due to COVID-19, he was lent out to Örnsköldsvik HF in the Swedish third division. Stromgren put up one goal and 12 points in 11 regular-season games. He also added two goals in four games in the relegation playoffs.

Stromgren played with Team Sweden at the IIHF U20 Worlds, helping the team to a bronze medal. He scored two goals and three assists for five points in the seven-game tournament. In 2019-20, Stromgren played 22 games in the J18 Elit league. He scored 17 goals and 20 assists for 37 points to lead the league in scoring.

2021 NHL Draft #39: William Stromgren Scouting Report

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
This guy has looked good based on few vids i have been able to see from him. I would much rather put this guy to late 1st than for example Matthew Knies. Strömgren has much more versatile/wider toolkit to me.

Reactions: ShiroganeKvasha30

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Good size, skills and above average skating

At times tries to "over dangle". He will need to figure out when to take the risk or make the safe play/dump in/pass

2nd round/early third round imo

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Very young player, I wouldn't mind if the habs went for the homerun with this kid with our late first however I think there will be better options available.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Strömgren is IMO a way better prospect than some others who are routinely ranked higher. Simon Robertsson for example.

Yes, but no.

Stromgren has consistency issues according to at least one of his scouting reports. That can be a good reason to push someone down the rankings regardless of talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad