LW Will Cuylle - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2020, 60th, NYR)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy looks like a beast. Shows up every shift to make something happen. Power forward with a high-amount of skill. Not talked about as much as some of the other Canadian prospects for the 2020 draft, but so far I'd say he looks like one of the better ones.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Cuylle is currently on an 11 game point streak where he has 11 goals and 2 assists in the process. He’s tied among rookies for the goal scoring lead in the OHL with 19. Kid has a wicked shot and has really good chemistry with fellow 2020 draft prospect Jean-Luc Foudy.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
He didn't stand out much for me. i saw him a lot last year, but I think a lot of that was becasue fo the depth of the Marlies team. He did play well at the OHL cup and was better than Byfield in the tourny. Have yet to see him in the O.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He didn't stand out much for me. i saw him a lot last year, but I think a lot of that was becasue fo the depth of the Marlies team. He did play well at the OHL cup and was better than Byfield in the tourny. Have yet to see him in the O.
He isn’t a play driver as much as Foudy is but he seems to always get open for a good shot. He and Foudy, as 16 year olds are arguably Windsor’s 2 best players.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Not the greatest start to his draft season with 9G and 18pts in 25gp to start the year... projects more of a power winger at the next level... think Nick Ritchie

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Will Cuylle was drafted 3rd Overall in the 2018 OHL Draft by the Peterborough Petes. Before he could even play a game for the team, he was traded to the Windsor Spitfires. Cuylle made an immediate impact in Windsor. He scored 26 goals and 15 assists for 41 points in 63 games last season. He also added two goals and an assist for three points in four playoff games. Cuylle was named to the OHL’s Second All-Rookie Team. He also played for Team Canada Black at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, where he scored two goals and an assist for three points in five games.

Cuylle has continued that solid production this season. He started the year at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, putting up two goals and an assist for three points in five games and winning a silver medal. The Toronto Native also scored 22 goals and 20 assists for 42 points in 62 games. He was also named the OHL Academic Player of the Month in January, showing his smarts off the ice as well. In 2017-18, he was one of the best players at the OHL Cup. He scored 12 points in six games, leading the tournament in scoring and being named to the All-Star team.

Our Scouting Report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05/15/will-cuylle-scouting-report/

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Really intrigued by his combination of size, goal scoring ability and physicality. Wouldn't mind Nashville picking him with one of their 2nd/3rd rounders if he's still available.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Really intrigued by his combination of size, goal scoring ability and physicality. Wouldn't mind Nashville picking him with one of their 2nd/3rd rounders if he's still available.
He’ll still be available.

Really disappointed this year, but so did a lot of players for Windsor. The kind of player that will crush it his D+1 season, but slots in as a bottom 6 winger.

Reactions: KristichBabych

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He is only considered high because of his physicality. He should have developed more last year. I think a team will draft him higher than they should based on his physical traits.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Same story and same profile for Brett Pollock and Kirkland...They are now ECHL/AHL...
In my value model, Pollock & Kirkland were both -5.8 because they were at least 10lbs underweight for their height. 0 is a replacement level player.

Cuylle is a 7.3, which would have him be a bottom 6 player

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't mind this pick. A little off my board, but had him among my HM's. Has the talent to be a good power forward net front guy who can score goals in the middle six. I feel like he underachieved last season, and he's better than what he showed.

Reactions: eco's bones

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He looks okay so far in the AHL through two games. Not playing a huge role or doing that great, but for a 19 year old to hold his own at this level isn't bad. I think he has some sneaky skill for a big power forward, but his game is absolutely about his board-play, protecting the puck, and scoring goals around the net. His skating looks okay. I'm not sure his upside stands out as anything great so far, but he has plenty of time to develop. Hopefully he actually can get some OHL games in because I think developing his game there will be better for him than a minimal AHL role where he doesn't do much more than keeps up.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Hasn't had the same impac on the stats sheet nor games as some of the other teens in the AHL. How has he looked otherwise through his 18 AHL games so far?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00