LW Vladimir Tkachev - Moncton Wildcats ( #39 Overall 2013 Import Draft)

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Can I haz a link with the confirmation that he is joining Wildcats? Because last time I heard, he wasn't sure if he should leave Omsk.

I would say he reminds me of an advanced version of Sergey Tolchinsky: he is a smart attacking winger, has a lot of skill and sure knows how to get on the scoresheet. Needs to gain strength.

About the draft, it is really hard to predict now, as the season hasn't even started. Also the Russian Factor and his lack of strength could make him fall down the list. But if we are judging just by the talent, then I would say 2-nd round.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Unfortunately I can't find an online link from the Times and Transcript but Danny Flynn(Director of Hockey Operations) has confirmed several times that he's 100% commited to the Wildcats for this upcoming season. I'll post the link when I find it.

There's also this via Igor Eronko on Twitter..

"U18 WJC team Russia best scorer Vladimir Tkachyov will join Moncton Wildcats as soon as he gets Canadian visa - expected in mid-August"

There's also this youtube clip of Danny Flynn discussing the Euro draft and Vladimir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrTHO1SDYg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUHOkYWvTzylWpksm81cd16g

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Unfortunately I can't find an online link from the Times and Transcript but Danny Flynn(Director of Hockey Operations) has confirmed several times that he's 100% commited to the Wildcats for this upcoming season. I'll post the link when I find it.

There's also this via Igor Eronko on Twitter..

"U18 WJC team Russia best scorer Vladimir Tkachyov will join Moncton Wildcats as soon as he gets Canadian visa - expected in mid-August"

There's also this youtube clip of Danny Flynn discussing the Euro draft and Vladimir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrTHO1SDYg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUHOkYWvTzylWpksm81cd16g

I hope for him he stays in Russia. It's his attitude. He thinks he deserves a spot on the big team. This kid really has no idea about grown ups hockey yet and has already got some expectations. He needs a brain installed. When he bolts now he will only have to face those wrong assumtions' results later, maybe too late.

Aside from that, he's a gifted player, a first rounder if everything goes well.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I thought in the Russian press he said he was training with Omsk and would "see" what happens after camp? Lets say he sticks with the big club, I cant see him going to CHL. Im not saying those reports are wrong Im just saying could their be a chance he changes his mind? Any insight from Russian posters? BTW He scored a goal yesterday in exhibition.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He has a good chance to stick with Avangard talent-wise but he's extremely undersized even by the KHL standards. But as long as he has a fighting chance for that roster spot with the big team I understand he wants to stay and try to take it and that makes a lot of sense.

Frankly, if I was in his shoes I would stay in Omsk anyway because his KHL roster spot surely isn't three years (he would have to spend in the CHL) away.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
He has a good chance to stick with Avangard talent-wise but he's extremely undersized even by the KHL standards. But as long as he has a fighting chance for that roster spot with the big team I understand he wants to stay and try to take it and that makes a lot of sense.

That's what I understood from SE interview a few weeks ago. But the CHL guys think its a done deal that he is going to the CHL. I guess we will have to see how it plays out. I think even though he is not ready (he does look super tiny out there) I think it would be wise for Omsk to keep him around (if he signs a multi year deal) Omsk can get a few really good seasons from him in the future (even if he is useless this season).

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Sorry, it is probably an off-topic, but...

Actually I don't understand one thing about some of the Russian prospects:
Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the phrase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?

Last edited:

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization

Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the frase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?
why such players as anisin are able to be competitive in the khl?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Kucherov (before coming to NA), Gusev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky, now Tkachyov - why they are so light, I mean, they don't alow them to eat or something? Because in a description of, imho, about 50% of Russian prospects (ok, Nichu and Grigs are exceptions) the frase "needs to gain weight/strength" is used, so I don't understand is it something with training or with genetics or what?

They do have among the fittest kids in Europe/worldwide. My guess is a lot of sports so they are very active. Ex. Lithuania were basically 90 % of kids growing up play basketball is # 1 in Europe.

http://www.vexen.co.uk/countries/files/obesity_chart.jpg

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

well, in Russia they always let talented kids play, even though their height and size weren't to the spec. Also nowadays, hockey is a very expensive sport; therefore, if your family can afford it - you will find spots.

Then you get into the fact, that in general American and Can teens mature faster physically, whether it's the food or genetics or both - who knows

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Then you get into the fact, that in general American and Can teens mature faster physically, whether it's the food or genetics or both - who knows

Yeah, probably you're right, but I still kind of have a feeling that there might be something wrong with the junior training system in Russia in terms of physical training

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yeah, probably you're right, but I still kind of have a feeling that there might be something wrong with the junior training system in Russia in terms of physical training

Probably not, they just don't emphasize working out as early as kids in NA, many of these kids probably play soccer too growing up. Whereas the elite talent in NA play for only a few years or not at all.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
so now every undersized kid can play in the khl at the age of 18 because there's such player as anisin. good logic, well done :clap:

Using the same logics:

he's what? even smaller than tolchinsky? what khl?

So now every undersized kid can't play in the KHL because he's even smaller than Tolchinsky?

Were are not talking about just some kid, we're talking about very talented one. And I don't know why do you compare him to Tolchinsky at all as they are very different players.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Using the same logics:

So now every undersized kid can't play in the KHL because he's even smaller than Tolchinsky?

Were are not talking about just some kid, we're talking about very talented one. And I don't know why do you compare him to Tolchinsky at all as they are very different players.
i compare him to tolchisky because he's small as a bug and yes he's no place in the khl as for now. but it's my opinion, you feel free to distort my logic as you like (there're so much anisimоvs and tochinskies in the khl) and keep dreaming of him making the khl this year

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
i compare him to tolchisky because he's small as a bug and yes he's no place in the khl as for now. but it's my opinion, you feel free to distort my logic as you like (there're so much anisimоvs and tochinskies in the khl) and keep dreaming of him making the khl this year

Only, Tolchinsky is the fastest skater I've seen in a long, long time. I dare say Bure-fast. That doesn't make him a Bure though...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

For starters, I've never said he's making the KHL this year. It's just that size obviously isn't that important in the KHL and he isn't that small (Tkachyov's height is a Russian average) so to base your point on the size alone makes it a pretty weak one.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Only, Tolchinsky is the fastest skater I've seen in a long, long time. I dare say Bure-fast. That doesn't make him a Bure though...

Reminds of a bure, one step quicker than everyone else, skating but especially stick skills. There was no way this guy wasn't getting a shot with an NHL team. Cant wait to see him at the WJC and hopefully with Semin in Carolina soon.

Tkachev is not on level as Tolchinsky in terms of quickness IMO. Tolchinsky is massively underrated.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...h-a-ridiculous-goal-in-khl-skills-competition

I know nothing about him and I'm not much of a "prospector" anyway, but I'll definitely keep an eye on him after those MLG Noscope Skillz

Lol wrong Tkachyov, there are 2 guys with same name. The one in the skills comp is also very good as well. Don't see him getting ice time in Kazan but he is skilled and has blazing speed. Will eventually break out as a KHL star somewhere IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad