Proposal: LW to CGY (COL, OTT, NYR, TBL, NYI)

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Breadeater
Poirier
Stajan
Shinkaruk
Klimchuk

These guys arent going to help our top 6 offense at all. Why wait for one of these guys to hopefully make it when you could acqyire someone who does?

There's a chance Shinkaruk could help us in that role. Maybe even as soon as this year. He has the credentials and has been healthy for a full season for the first time since he was 17. I have hope for him still. Granted, it's far from a guarantee, but there's a chance.

Zero chance any of the others help us in a top 6 role this year. I even think it's unlikely any of them ever do.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Trading Brodie for a winger like Landeskog would be the height up stupidity. Landeskog is a good player, but not as good as Hall. Hall just went for Larsson. A player who is about half as good as Brodie. If we were moving out a defenseman for an elite winger I'd move Hamilton way before Brodie.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'll play, post 25 defenseman you would want over Brodie and I'll post 50 forwards I would take over Landeskog.

Don't hurt yourself :popcorn:

What are you ignorantly babbling on about? I didn't say anything Brodie. I didn't say anything about any trade. I just simply thought it was absurd that Lando wasn't a top50 forward. Feel free to still post your own ridiculously stupid top50 list as above though.

Don't choke on your popcorn

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
What are you ignorantly babbling on about? I didn't say anything Brodie. I didn't say anything about any trade. I just simply thought it was absurd that Lando wasn't a top50 forward. Feel free to still post your own ridiculously stupid top50 list as above though.

Don't choke on your popcorn

I'd take Landeskog on my team any day and think he's easily a top 50 forward. Maybe even top 30. I would take Brodie in the top 10 for defensemen easily too though. Both guys are the type of all-around players you win with.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
I'd take Landeskog on my team any day and think he's easily a top 50 forward. Maybe even top 30. I would take Brodie in the top 10 for defensemen easily too though. Both guys are the type of all-around players you win with.

Ranked 5th left winger by the bleacherreport 1-2 years ago

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
Avs currently have the best defense they've had in years (not saying much). Defense isn't as big of a priority. Their biggest problem right now is wingers. They can't afford to trade their best one. I don't see how Duchene or Landeskog could be on the trade market right now.

And its still a fairly awful defence..

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016

He's a good forward, but top 3rd is a stretch, 3rd best forward on his team.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He's a good forward, but top 3rd is a stretch, 3rd best forward on his team.

You say this like it matters in evaluating where he'd rank among LWs or forwards in general lol.

There are teams who don't have a forward I'd trade Landeskog for one for one based on pure value lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad