LW Samuel Poulin - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2019, 21st, PIT)

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Poulin just had his 2nd hattrick in 6 playoff games, in a 4-9 loss to Drummondville.

Second goal was particularly nice (go to 03:20 for the goal): LHJMQ – Incluant la couverture en direct des matchs, des clips audio et vidéo nouvelles exclusives, billets, statistiques, classements, horaires et autres.

I wonder if he'll be picked in the first round. Had a really good year on a pretty mediocre team.
He’s a physical specimen who plays aggressively and has strong skating, with good puck skills and goal scoring instincts. He’s a vocal and spirited leader who leaves it all out there as much as you could expect from a kid. I’d take him happily at 20 but I bet he’ll fall to the early second, like similarly once-highly projected Comtois, and proceed to develop rapidly and make whoever takes him extremely happy.

Reactions: slumpy43

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He’s a physical specimen who plays aggressively and has strong skating, with good puck skills and goal scoring instincts. He’s a vocal and spirited leader who leaves it all out there as much as you could expect from a kid. I’d take him happily at 20 but I bet he’ll fall to the early second, like similarly once-highly projected Comtois, and proceed to develop rapidly and make whoever takes him extremely happy.

He is more skills then Comtois and faster

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Would you be surprised if he was taken in the teens?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I would not be shocked to see him taken in the teens...when you see the kid play he plays a pro style game now, he is strong on his skates, very confident, very smart player, excellent puck protection, excellent shooting ability, not super flashy but plays strong has amazing IQ and good skills, always moves well with and without the puck, always makes the right play, also is very in control at all times, never see him panic or make a bad play often and is always keeping everyone back to give himself good room.

Very underrated player for the draft, he is a guy who I think will surprise a lot of people in the NHL.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Would Montreal take him at 15?
Possible, depending how high or down they are on guys like Newhook, Dorofeyev, Broberg, Harley...

Possibly the most powerful player in the draft, reminds me of Bertuzzi in style, not as physical or beasty but still extremely powerful and talended...

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
pick best player available
not the best marketable player

they better not make that type of mistake again

if he is goid enough to pick at 15 good... if not pass

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
If I was Montreal I would take him 15th overall...he is cant loose player if he fails living up to a very good 2nd line player he will be a great 3rd liner for sure.

Reactions: Vachon23

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I’m Habs fan and this my guy at 15.

The best Q player for this draft. He will be a freaking beast.

He keeps getting better and better everytime i watch him play. Constent evolution in his game. That’s what scouts like.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Lays

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I’m Habs fan and this my guy at 15.

The best Q player for this draft. He will be a freaking beast.

He keeps getting better and better everytime i watch him play. Constent evolution in his game. That’s what scouts like.

And they are more and more scout each game for him.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
His mechanics and the way he moves with the puck reminds of a NHLer already. Marian Hossa may be a good comparison for him. Wouldnt be surprise if he goes top 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->