LW Samuel Buček - Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk, KHL (2017 undrafted)

Patera

Nov 16, 2015
Played 18 games in USHL this season and scored ten points. Played in WJC-18 and scored 4 goals and one assist in 5 games. Pretty good stats.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=225621

JA

He played at the 2015 Ivan Hlinka tournament; The Draft Analyst had this to say about his performance against Team Switzerland:

http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/nhl-draft-2016/2015-hlinka-recap/
Who Disappointed: LW Samuel Bucek (2017) was electrifying at times, shifting gears and blowing past defenders while displaying a soft touch and accurate passes. The problem was that he made it obvious he didn’t care for anything else. He was a bit selfish during board battles, refusing to become physically engaged on a few occasions when he could have lent a teammate or two an extra hand. Some players come to these tournaments for the sole reason of spotlighting, and we got the impression Bucek was one of them.

That said, he had 2 goals, 4 points in 4 games at the tournament. At the U18s last month, he had 4 goals, 5 points in 5 games.

4 goals, 10 points in 18 USHL games this season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=225621

Height: 6'2''
Weight: 192 lbs
Birth date: December 19, 1998

1b32eb059f_IMG_6952.jpg

bucek.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Any chance he gets drafted as an overager? Having a pretty nice WJC tourney so far.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Any chance he gets drafted as an overager? Having a pretty nice WJC tourney so far.

Very slim. One tournament isnt the breaking point. And lets face it, there are tons similar players like him.
But im hoping, he will have nice profi career. He could be signed as a free agent by some NHL team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Been talking to some people and it sounds like they see his game as too "junior hockey" still. Personally, I like him and I think he's worth an ELC or AHL contract instead of a draft pick, but he will probably become a solid European and World Championship player.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He has had a great season so far with almost a ppg in the top Slovak league as a 19/20 year old. Maybe he will wind up getting signed to the KHL for next season, still very young.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
He has had a great season so far with almost a ppg in the top Slovak league as a 19/20 year old. Maybe he will wind up getting signed to the KHL for next season, still very young.

In the recent interview he said, he will go to NHL training camp. Dont know, what team exactly. But there are rumors, that Flyers and Red Wings are interested.

Reactions: degustator

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He has everything to become very good NHL player. I am still surprised how he could not be drafted...
I hope he gets a spot in the Slovakia squad for the next Championship.

Lil rat

Oct 26, 2019
23 years old having great season in slovak league with 41 goals in 50 games. He's playing same team as top prospect Simon Nemec.

Could this guy be on some teams radar?

Reactions: LeProspector

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seeing as he played both Canadian junior and in the USHL, I'd imagine teams certainly have a read on him.

His numbers are certainly impressive - and there are always players who emerge later than others - it'd be more eye opening if he was doing this in either the KHL or another of the better leagues in Europe.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Seeing as he played both Canadian junior and in the USHL, I'd imagine teams certainly have a read on him.

His numbers are certainly impressive - and there are always players who emerge later than others - it'd be more eye opening if he was doing this in either the KHL or another of the better leagues in Europe.
Yes, he said that there is an interest from NA. But he should stay in Europe i think. I would like to see him in Sweden.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Detroit was interested few years ago. He was in summer training camp, but didn't impressed. They pushed him to Finland, but it was a disaster.
Now he is older, but still. He is a scorer. In Slovak league. To be a scorer in Finland, Sweden even in Czech is something different. And transform him into classic two way player will not work.

But i wish him, he will make a good career. Maybe he will surprise me.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Detroit was interested few years ago. He was in summer training camp, but didn't impressed. They pushed him to Finland, but it was a disaster.
Now he is older, but still. He is a scorer. In Slovak league. To be a scorer in Finland, Sweden even in Czech is something different. And transform him into classic two way player will not work.

But i wish him, he will make a good career. Maybe he will surprise me.
Yes, he said that there is an interest from NA. But he should stay in Europe i think. I would like to see him in Sweden.
People still belive this? If SHL was such a good league then Slovakia would not dominate Sweden in U20, Hlinka and recent Olympics. Slovakian league is stronger than SHL. If he wants to move up he should go to NLA, DEL, Czech league or Liiga. KHL is not option anymore, we know why.

If he does good in a better european league, then there is a chance for getting a 2way in NA.

His mix of skills, size and being gritty is intriguing.

• Haha
Reactions: kudla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad