LW/RW Pavel Gogolev - Sibir Novosibirsk, KHL (2018 undrafted; signed by TOR; traded to CHI released)

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Be interesting to see how Pavel gets on with a full season next year.

It's very early days, but at the minute, it looks like he's a very smart pick-up.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The Marlies weren't even dressing him for a large part of the season. Him and Yegor Sokolov were the among the top CHL players passed over in their first year of NHL draft eligibility . Teams slept on them and the Sens and Leafs were able to pluck them . I'm hoping the AHL can be back to full strength next season with no taxi squad so we can get a sense what they are really capable of

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
The Marlies weren't even dressing him for a large part of the season. Him and Yegor Sokolov were the among the top CHL players passed over in their first year of NHL draft eligibility . Teams slept on them and the Sens and Leafs were able to pluck them . I'm hoping the AHL can be back to full strength next season with no taxi squad so we can get a sense what they are really capable of

He was playing in Sweden at the start of the season, and then came over and had to isolate prior to playing, which was unfortunate for him. It's not a case that he's been sat there ignored.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He was playing in Sweden at the start of the season, and then came over and had to isolate prior to playing, which was unfortunate for him. It's not a case that he's been sat there ignored.

He signed on February 6th and played his first game May 1st. Quarantine/isolation is not that long unless he tested positive and there were other complications but didn't hear any news of that

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Just realized I posted in this thread 3 years ago talking about him. He was very noticeable in juniors and can't believe he made it undrafted then. Up and down road it looks like but I wouldn't be surprised if he's on an NHL team soon.

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
The shorthanded goal in the video here above looks exactly like this goal scored by his dad back in 1999

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad