LW/RW Linus Nyman - Lukko, Liiga (2017 Undrafted)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Finnish jr hockey (@FINjrhockey) | Twitter
Linus Nyman: The former Jokerit juniors standout thrived for OHL's Kingston Frontenacs, will reportedly play in the Liiga next season. Nyman has great vision and playmaking skills. Has a goal-scorer's touch & can beat goalies with quick wristers. Smooth skater. #2018NHLDraft
DcM3aXJXcAAz57Z.jpg

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
Still find it pretty crazy this guy didn't get drafted. Had a great season and is one of the youngest overagers in the draft. Maybe there's something we don't know about him. Was invited to the Leafs development camp and didn't seem to impress.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
It was big enough for him not to get drafted when his production and skill lvl should have made him a 4th/5th round pick at the very least.
There are a ton of NHL players who refuse to play physical and do just fine. I doubt that's the reason he was not picked.

Unless it's like this: He's not skilled enough to be a top 6 player nor is he physical enough to be a bottom 6 player.

Last edited:

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Nyman might fit into the DeBrincat and Point discussion. He is about the same height, but listed as being lighter than both. From what I have seen and his success at different levels, I think he could still prove to be NHL capable.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
There are a ton of NHL players who refuse to play physical and do just fine. I doubt that's the reason he was not picked.

Unless it's like this: He's not skilled enough to be a top 6 player nor is he physical enough to be a bottom 6 player.

Have you seen him play? It's like he's terrified to get hit, to the point where he's actively thinking about it in a game. You can't have that type of mindset and expect to be an NHL player. The game is already so quick at that level, you don't have enough time to make a play and actively think about safe spots on the ice.. and honestly coaches don't even want those type of players on their team.

He might light it up next season in Finland but until he gets over his fear of physical contact I don't see him becoming an NHL'er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad