LW/RW Linus Nyman - Lukko, Liiga (2017 Undrafted)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Scored 2 goals for Finland yesterdays game against Switzerland in Ivan Hlinka memorial tournament.
How Nyman has looked any pros and cons?

Currysux*

Just waiting for someone to say hes going to be better than St.Louis/Gaudreau

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Holy hell is he tiny! No way he's anywhere near 5'10", I'd say closer to 5'6"

A lot of Nyman's height depends that how the measurement has made.
If it's made without skates it might be under 5'10 but if it's made wearing on skates it might be exactly 5'10 or more.
There's always an inch or few inch ''air'' on the official measurement result.

Eliteprospect.com has a lot outdated information available so I do not interpret it as like the devil a bible.

Jarto

Feb 12, 2016
A lot of Nyman's height depends that how the measurement has made.
If it's made without skates it might be under 5'10 but if it's made wearing on skates it might be exactly 5'10 or more.
There's always an inch or few inch ''air'' on the official measurement result.

Eliteprospect.com has a lot outdated information available so I do not interpret it as like the devil a bible.

What? Of course it's done without skates. Skates would add 3-4 inches and wouldn't make any sense to measure some with and some without.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Improved a lot as the regular season went along, carried that momentum into a great playoffs and had a 3 point night in the first U18 game he played. Riser for sure

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Nyman scored 2 points ( 1+1) when Kingston beat London Knights 0-5 last night's OHL regular season game.
Nyman's total points after 3 regular season games are 2+3=5

Last edited:

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Was kind of hoping we took a late flier on this kid. Seeing as we got Robertson and I like the idea of having a couple prospects play together in juniors. Sure he is small, but why not try with a 7th or something

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
newman1.jpg

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Was kind of hoping we took a late flier on this kid. Seeing as we got Robertson and I like the idea of having a couple prospects play together in juniors. Sure he is small, but why not try with a 7th or something

He's getting picked this year, it would be a huge mistake not to. His progression this year is equivalent to what you wanna see from top a 2 round prospect in their draft +1 season.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Still pissed on that why in the hell Ahokas didn't invite Nyman to Finland's U20 WJC camp.
Nyman probably wouldn't have been the fix or conclusion to all Finland's problems.

But maybe he would have been able to take some responsibility on Finland's goal scoring.
When guys like Kuokkanen and Innala didn't get much done.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
He's getting picked this year, it would be a huge mistake not to. His progression this year is equivalent to what you wanna see from top a 2 round prospect in their draft +1 season.

Do you honestly believe on that Nyman can do same what Henrik Borgstrom did 2016 draft?
Borgstrom went undrafted 2015 draft and Panthers took him 23rd overall 2016 draft.

Yes that move was made by Finnish scout ( Jari Kekalainen) who wanted Borgstrom to the panthers.
But is there even theoretic chance on that history will repeat itself.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Do you honestly believe on that Nyman can do same what Henrik Borgstrom did 2016 draft?
Borgstrom went undrafted 2015 draft and Panthers took him 23rd overall 2016 draft.

Yes that move was made by Finnish scout ( Jari Kekalainen) who wanted Borgstrom to the panthers.
But is there even theoretic chance on that history will repeat itself.

I think size bias pushes him out of the first 50 ish picks. However if I have a pick at 50+ I take him for sure if he is still there. Kid should have been a late pick last year and him shocked he went undrafted/not invited to a camp+signed during the pre season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad