LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

takesthebiscuit96

Aug 8, 2019
Only 22 as well. He's a real star of this season, and I get the feeling he's only going to get better and better. Wonder if he'll stick around in KHL for a few more seasons, given that things are clearly clicking for him there, or if he will look to join NHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Only 22 as well. He's a real star of this season, and I get the feeling he's only going to get better and better. Wonder if he'll stick around in KHL for a few more seasons, given that things are clearly clicking for him there, or if he will look to join NHL.
The talk in Russia is he is as good as gone. He isn't hiding that either.

Reactions: WILDTATE10

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
If he comes over, what are the chances the Wild don't sign him and trade his rights the way Vegas did with Gusev? I guess pretty damn low, given how much the Wild need his offence but if his demands are too high, things could get interesting. If Gusev could fetch $4.5 million per year, Kiprasov's would be asking for at least the same if not more.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If he comes over, what are the chances the Wild don't sign him and trade his rights the way Vegas did with Gusev? I guess pretty damn low, given how much the Wild need his offence but if his demands are too high, things could get interesting. If Gusev could fetch $4.5 million per year, Kiprasov's would be asking for at least the same if not more.
The chances of that are infinitesimal. Kaprizov gets a normal 3-year ELC anyway, no?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think Parise is definitely the most similar player in recent memory. Although I agree, he was faster while Kaprizov has more flair.

I don't see the comparison, but Parise was very skilled and had burners. His early days at UND and NJ were skillshows. He's lost a lot of magic over the years.

It seems to me, from our encounters in the Russian prospects' threads, you made a real habit of not seeing things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->