LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He's not really that big lol. I saw him standing next Linden Vey and he looked closer to 5'8. Theres also no way he's 200 lbs. He's like Parise/Marchessault sized.
And Parise is 195 pounds, great point. Definitely you can tell this massive 5 lbs difference with the naked eye, scales are for suckers.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
And Parise is 195 pounds, great point. Definitely you can tell this massive 5 lbs difference with the naked eye, scales are for suckers.
He was listed as 195 and as we all know sports leagues are honest like WWE and Andre the Giant was really 7'4 520 lbs because his listing said so. It's like illegal to lie or something.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yes because it definitely makes sense for KHL to lie about Kaprizov and NHL lie about Parise. Very important.

Point is, just looking at him, Kaprizov can easily weight 200 pounds. I weight 200+ and I'm not nearly as stocky as him. Or a pro sportsman. Albeit 5 cm taller.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've seen Parise multiple times in person, sometimes standing right next to him. He is not close to my 6'+, but he is stocky, and I'm sure, like most players, has enormous thighs, which weigh a lot.

The heights on most athletes are usually on the optimistic side, but the weights are usually pretty accurate.

Kaprizov's size should not be a big issue, but we'll see. There are all sorts of player who kill it in lesser leagues, but their game doesn't translate. Hard to argue with KK's development trajectory right now, though. He done everything you can ask for without being in the NHL.

P10p

May 15, 2012
He's not really that big lol. I saw him standing next Linden Vey and he looked closer to 5'8. Theres also no way he's 200 lbs. He's like Parise/Marchessault sized.

Lol I like how your argument is "I saw him standing next to Linden vey" and Parise is listed as 195. You must have a hell of an eye to spot that 5lb diff. Hf....

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

okay, that's more like the impression i had in my head.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Lol I like how your argument is "I saw him standing next to Linden vey" and Parise is listed as 195. You must have a hell of an eye to spot that 5lb diff. Hf....
5'10 200lbs is Crosby sized. Crosby is thick as f***. Any intelligent person can tell with the naked eye that Kaprizov is not that big.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
It's common knowledge that teams add height and weight to some players. For example Patrik Laine was measured as 6'3.75 at the draft but listed as 6'5 by the Jets which is the same as Wheeler. He is noticeably shorter than Wheeler. Is this shocking to you P10p?

P10p

May 15, 2012
It's common knowledge that teams add height and weight to some players. For example Patrik Laine was measured as 6'3.75 at the draft but listed as 6'5 by the Jets which is the same as Wheeler. He is noticeably shorter than Wheeler. Is this shocking to you P10p?

Idk wtf you're talking about saying Laine is shorter then Wheeler. I found a picture of them standing beside each other. In your world thats gotta be akin to a scholarly article.

w640xh480_GettyImages-1132354348.jpg

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Idk wtf you're talking about saying Laine is shorter then Wheeler. I found a picture of them standing beside each other. In your world thats gotta be akin to a scholarly article.

w640xh480_GettyImages-1132354348.jpg
So, if you believe they are the same size you just proved my point. Their listing is not correct, they aren't 6'5. If I was correct as Wheeler is slouching it doesn't change anything. In both scenarios the listing for one or both players is not correct.

I didn't know thinking Kaprizov is small would derail a thread. I guess people really think he is as big as Crosby.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't give a shit if he's a greek god or a weasely little ferret tbh. His size doesn't really affect my hopes one way or the other of being able to play in the NHL unless he's doomed to be a 3rd liner, which will make him pretty much a bust as that "well at least he's big enough to play a checking role and can chip in here and there" guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->