Player Discussion LW / RW Joel Kiviranta ( Signed 2 yrs ELC)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I was really impressed by this guy in the WHC. He's a really hard worker and points didn't tell everything about his tournament. It will be interesting to see how he'll do in North-Murica.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
How unlikely series of events led Stars' Kiviranta from obscurity to history - Sportsnet.ca.

Few facts of Kivi.
- Kivi never wasn't top prospect in his age group and that's why he didn't get drafted to NHL.
- Was last player who dropped Team Finland's 2016 U20 WJC gold medal winning team.
- Kivi didn't even know game was over before referee skated on him and asked
why Kivi wasn't joined Team Finland's gold medal celebrations on the ice
in 2019 IIHF world championships.
During the last seconds of 2019 IIHF worlds gold medal game
Kiviranta was trying to win puck battle against Canadian players near the boards.
- Jere Lehtinen recommended Jim Nill to sign Kiviranta.

Last edited:

SAS

Sep 29, 2017
How do Dallas fans see Kiviranta fitting into the Dallas future? Is he a 3rd line energy winger, have top 6 upside, something else?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
How do Dallas fans see Kiviranta fitting into the Dallas future? Is he a 3rd line energy winger, have top 6 upside, something else?
Not sure but he’ll definitely get his chance to play in our top 6 with Seguin out and our FCC 3rd line already intact.

That open top 6 spot will give Kivi and other kids an open lane to grab. I think he’ll be a top 9 fwd overall and a reliable top 6 when needed.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Kiviranta strengths:
Hockey IQ
Shot
Aggressiveness
Game 7 ‘s
Probably won’t be a player to build around but could be a good cheap piece to a solid top 6 .

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
A smart player who puts pucks on net is well worth a depth role, but I think 25-ish points a season is probably his ceiling.

I'll always love him, but his skill-set is not very good.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
My obervsation of him is a hard worker like Janmark who can slide up and down the lineup. He actually finishes checks and can elevate the puck though

Reactions: Hull Fan

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
My obervsation of him is a hard worker like Janmark who can slide up and down the lineup. He actually finishes checks and can elevate the puck though

That's my opinion. A better version of Janmark. Probably less defensively able but vastly better in the offensive zone so an overall slight upgrade who can slide up or down the lineup as needed and not be a dead weight to whatever line he's on. 25-35 points a season.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad