Prospect Info: F Isak Rosen (14th Overall, 2021), Assigned to Rochester 12/10

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Oh gotcha, I figured it might have come from there.

I think its kind of silly to say "i ranked him x" when its just the model, but like I mentioned before I don't love that we picked someone with more statistical uncertainty even if the "ranking " is flawed

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I figured out what was bothering me. If 1 point in 21 games is enough for a 14th pick, how do you pass 23 in 40?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I figured out what was bothering me. If 1 point in 21 games is enough for a 14th pick, how do you pass 23 in 40?
It doesn't bother me at all, it's SHL, some young players play little time, not all are physically ready. We know that Rosen played 3-5 minutes per game, this is very little, we know that he is very talented and skilled, but not yet physically mature, we know that he has a high ceiling, skating and skills, I am in full okay with this choice. Adams said he wants to pick players who can be the best in the future, and he did. I think this was really good draft for us.

Reactions: Zman5778 and valet

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
His 19-20 numbers were similar to Eklund's, so maybe there is hope if he puts on pounds.
Still think Wallstedt was a better pick.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Rosen just needs some bulk like most 17/18 yr old prospects. His speed/skating is very solid. Hes probably a 3 year project but if he gets in that 185 range hes a sure fire NHLer by 21

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I believe in his pre draft year Point had one of the higher primary points per game so if teams went by that stat, rather than his height, he would've been drafted much earlier.
He also played on a very low scoring team, which I think has a significant impact. I think these guys would see big improvements in their model if they factored that in, for CHL teams at least. Draisaitl, Ennis, Eberle, all prime examples. There are also counter examples like Goldobin and Shinkaruk though.

This kid is all over the place making things happen in the highlights from this tourney. But he needs to start finishing

I still have no idea what that defenseman was thinking

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I believe in his pre draft year Point had one of the higher primary points per game so if teams went by that stat, rather than his height, he would've been drafted much earlier.

He also played on a very low scoring team, which I think has a significant impact. I think these guys would see big improvements in their model if they factored that in, for CHL teams at least. Draisaitl, Ennis, Eberle, all prime examples. There are also counter examples like Goldobin and Shinkaruk though.

I thought by bringing up Brayden Point an obvious triumph of analytics over scouting I was being blatantly derisive of an asinine post.

Point's analytics were very strong his draft year clear 1st round probabilities. He only slipped because of height; which you can't teach.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I thought by bringing up Brayden Point an obvious triumph of analytics over scouting I was being blatantly derisive of an asinine post.

Point's analytics were very strong his draft year clear 1st round probabilities. He only slipped because of height; which you can't teach.
I figured that's where you were going but wasn't sure. There are some busts ranked ahead of him in 2014, he wasn't exactly top of the list like debrincat, so I guess the point can sort of be used to argue both sides

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad