Prospect Info: F Isak Rosen (14th Overall, 2021), Assigned to Rochester 12/10

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
I’m a firm believer that skill can transcend physicality. Of course he needs to add some weight but he will mature and add It naturally. There’s a shit ton of players in the league that make It work at a lower weight now.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I’m a firm believer that skill can transcend physicality. Of course he needs to add some weight but he will mature and add It naturally. There’s a shit ton of players in the league that make It work at a lower weight now.
Agreed. I see a lot of things in these clips and writeups that are tougher to teach

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Maybe Risto was eating a lot so Pegs wanted Kevyn to get a skinnier guy? Wallstedt is a hungry goalie you know.

Efficient and all that?

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Kevyn must have accidentally looked at the Bills draft thread from a few years back and saw all the clamouring for Rosen.

In all seriousness, I'm not following the prospects much but having a high ceiling offensive guy is nice after a history of "safer" picks using additional 1sts/early 2nds.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
It's weird how a guy (me) can watch and read a tonne of draft stuff and somehow completely overlook a player that is pretty much universally regarded as a pick in the 16-25 range. When I saw the pick I thought we had gone way off the board and was surprised to see that he was #18 on McKenzie's final rankings. I suspect I have a bias against European kids who don't produce offensive #'s in their draft year when playing against men.

I would have been thrilled had we picked one of the goalies and happy had we taken a more name player like Lucius or Svechkov or a player with more grit such as L'Heureux. When I dig in on Rosen though, I see that, like everyone in his draft range, he is a long-range projectable prospect. I suspect he will score against men this year and be a fun guy to watch at the world juniors. 6 months from now we are likely more excited about this pick than we are today.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Makes me feel a lot better than my initial reaction of “who?” after seeing his TOI. Looks very skilled. High ceiling high risk high reward. If he can bulk up this could turn out very well.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Hope this guy makes it. Passing on Wallstedt is annoying but this is exactly the type of pick we need to be making more of.

Reactions: EichHart

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Kevyn must have accidentally looked at the Bills draft thread from a few years back and saw all the clamouring for Rosen.

In all seriousness, I'm not following the prospects much but having a high ceiling offensive guy is nice after a history of "safer" picks using additional 1sts/early 2nds.

I'm all for high ceiling picks. I want to draft an entire team that can skate well. So sick of safe players.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Best player on ice was the finnish bust Aatu Raty with 4 goals, taken as nr 52 when Sabres has 53.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

This is a lot of words to blow off a data scientist asking for some counter evidence to the way his models tend to work.

Pro evaluators also think Risto was worth more than Reinhart or Buch so... yeah. And if Pro Evaluators think a player is good, why are they only playing him 5 minutes a game?

Kopitar had 0 points in 5 games his daft year, but destroyed the U20 WJC

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad