LW/RW Fabian Lysell (2021, 21st, BOS)

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I mean, Zion Nybeck is pronounced "ZEE-on NOO-behck" in Swedish broadcasts. I can see where Lysell could be pronounced "LOO-sell". I think that I've heard it said in Swedish interviews as "LEE-sell", however.

Yeah EE sounds much more like a "Y" in any Swedish name. Maybe IE even more close. So call Nybäck Neebaeck and Lysell Leesell. Would be close enough!

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I mean, Zion Nybeck is pronounced "ZEE-on NOO-behck". I can see where Lysell could be pronounced "LOO-sell". I think that I've heard it said in Swedish interviews as "LEE-sell", however.

Nybeck is difficult to get right for an English speaker I think. "Ny" means "New" so I would go with New-beck. The correct way of pronouncing his name would sound awkward if used in an English sentence.

Same with any name including "Sjö". Just replace it with "sea", same meaning.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Swedish winger Fabian Lysell has spent most of the season in a bottom-line role for Lulea HF in the SHL. Playing against men, the 17-year-old put up just two goals and an assist for three points in 26 games this year. However, he has done a lot better playing against his own age group. In 11 games in the J20 league, Lysell scored three goals and 10 assists for 13 points. He played for Team Sweden in the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. Lysell has put up three goals and six assists for nine points in seven tournament games.

In 2019-20 he bounced around the Swedish junior leagues. In 11 games in the J20, he put up one goal and five assists for six points. He was incredible in the J18 league, putting up 18 goals and 22 assists for 40 points in 18 games. Lysell also played for Sweden in the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge scoring five goals and two assists for seven points in five tournament games.

2021 NHL Draft #10: Fabian Lysell Scouting Report

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Lots of skill, drives the center of the ice really well, excellent skater. Very assertive with the puck. Something about him I can't really quite put my finger on says he could be a faller in the draft though. Teams might have concerns about his game translating.

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Lots of skill, drives the center of the ice really well, excellent skater. Very assertive with the puck. Something about him I can't really quite put my finger on says he could be a faller in the draft though. Teams might have concerns about his game translating.
Feels like a guarantee. On the smaller size, lack of production at a pro level, mediocre tournament showing. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the board past 15, as silly as that might look years from now.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Cosentino said something on Hockey Central @ noon today about potential off ice issues that may give some teams pause. Anyone have any insight into that comment?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Cosentino said something on Hockey Central @ noon today about potential off ice issues that may give some teams pause. Anyone have any insight into that comment?
Could be due to his move from Frölunda. Essentially forced them to let him go. But it needed to happen for everybody's sake. Still such a shame he went Lule tho.

Reactions: Schenn

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I would assume this has to do with Lysell demanding a trade to a new club so he could play at the SHL level. He felt he was too good to be playing in the junior league. Some have called him arrogant because of this, but I don't see it that way.

If it's something else, I don't know about it.

Reactions: Schenn

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Yes I heard as well that there are some question marks as to what happened in Sweden and him “moving “ from one team to another. Apparently it very rarely happens? I don’t know, maybe reporters being dramatic. At any rate , is there any way in hell he slides anywhere near 20? I am not holding my breathe but hoping he falls to where the Islanders pick (Devils) is. I thought he looked very good in the u18 tournament

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Yes I heard as well that there are some question marks as to what happened in Sweden and him “moving “ from one team to another. Apparently it very rarely happens? I don’t know, maybe reporters being dramatic. At any rate , is there any way in hell he slides anywhere near 20? I am not holding my breathe but hoping he falls to where the Islanders pick (Devils) is. I thought he looked very good in the u18 tournament

Happened to Gunler

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

+ size. We seen it with Rossi and Perfetti; even though Lysell has stellar game breaking ability.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
McKenzie has him 12 and said the “top 13 have separated themselves. Keep dreaming if you think they’ll be there in the 20s or 30s

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->