LW/RW Fabian Lysell (2021, 21st, BOS)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Seems like he's beyond the point of no return. Luleå of all teams, I can understand why Fröunda is reluctant to release him for free. When does the WHL start?

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Seems like he's beyond the point of no return. Luleå of all teams, I can understand why Fröunda is reluctant to release him for free. When does the WHL start?

Scheduled to be January 8th but who knows. Covid cases are getting out of hand especially in Canada's Western provinces

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
This is pretty hilarious:

One talented teenager leaves Luleå b/c of lack of play time etc. Just a few days later, another talented teenager who's younger and even more raw than Gunler, decides to join said organization b/c his current SHL-team, that is weaker on paper and more willing to test juniors, don't give him time on the A-team. What does he expect will happend in Luleå?...

Reactions: king89

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
This is pretty hilarious:

One talented teenager leaves Luleå b/c of lack of play time etc. Just a few days later, another talented teenager who's younger and even more raw than Gunler, decides to join said organization b/c his current SHL-team, that is weaker on paper and more willing to test juniors, don't give him time on the A-team. What does he expect will happend in Luleå?...

Short term? Not sure.

Keep in mind though that Frölunda has so many of the best 01 and 02 forwards in Sweden (Raymond, Henriksson, Söderblom, Niederbach, Torgersson ++). It's definitely not set in stone that Lysell would be playing much SHL hockey even next season had he stayed in Frölunda. He has no competition at all from the junior ranks in Luleå.

Luleå obviously liked what they saw. Let's hope they give him a chance. Lysell is a much better prospect than Gunler.

Last edited:
Reactions: slumpy43

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Will debut in the SHL today as Luleå's 13F, a regular for Luleå just had surgery and will be out for 3 months, which in theory should give Fabian plenty of SHL opportunities.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Just scored his first SHL goal, and against Frölunda! Took a while for everybody to realize it was a goal, too.

That was a beauty...I want to see more of this kid. Definitely impresses me in the few highlights/clips I've seen.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was listening to an interview with him recently. Brilliant English for a 17 year old kid whose first language isn't English. Sounded like a native speaker. He could pass for North American. Thats like a lot of Swedes though, but it was very pronounced with him.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Well, Lysell has looked great in his limited 4th line role. Just a damn shame he went to Luleå because, expectedly, Bulan is... Bulan. Has been handled worse than Gunler was handled last year, and given 0 PP time while their PP2 has been pure ass.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I have Fabian 4th in the 2021 draft right now. I don’t think he’s quite at the level of Raymond last year but they’re similar players with similar ceilings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->