LW/RW Daniil Ogirchuk - Salavat Yulaev Ufa, KHL (2017 Undrafted)

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Daniil Ogirchuk at eliteprospects.com

Estonian-born winger Daniil Ogirchuk has made some tremendous improvements the last 2 years. In his draft year in 2017 he played most of his games in the NHML and had 0 points in 13 MHL games. Last year, he was a decent contributor in the MHL (25 points in 48 games) and brought a high-energy style of play.

When he played in the MHL in the early part of the season, he looked a step above most everyone else to earn the promotion to the VHL. And in the VHL, he's had 24 points in 30 games, scoring at a higher rate than he did this year in the MHL. Played a few KHL games.

He also had a solid performance in the Black Sea Cup in the spring but, surprisingly, didn't get an invite to either of Russia's pre-WJC teams (CHL series, 4-Nations u20).

Here are some VHL highlights (He's #88):

PPG Goal vs. Zauralie Kurgan:

Assist vs. Bars Kazan:

Net drives vs. Zauralie Kurgan

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
One of the biggest question marks here in North America or at least for me personally is how good the level of the VHL is. It seems to me that many young prospects have trouble scoring in the league but at the same time, it appears that not many elite young prospects spend significant amount of time there its usually the MHL or KHL. It would be interesting to see how VHL production equates to AHL and NHL scoring . I know some good prospects like Filip Forsberg and Patrik Berglund have made the jump from Allsvenskan to the NHL I wonder if a prospect will be able to do the same from the VHL .

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah, he looks decent, and size is good as well. I think, some team can spare one of its 6-7 round pick to get him. He can be another Barabanov type player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad