LW Robert Mastrosimone - Chicago Steel, USHL (2019, 54th, DET)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I see the BCHL as a wide open and little defense type of league. Then all the CHL teams just a step up when it comes to defense. Very wide open type of hockey! Many worry about going the USHL route because of stats from everything I hear.

Depends on the team. Some teams play firewagon hockey others play more of a defensive style.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Maybe, but probably not. Guys who are cut from USHL teams end up on BCHL and AJHL rosters. Again, it could happen, but theres a very clear gap between them

Well yeah it is a Junior A league. Kids who are cut from the CHL often go there as well. But some of the better BCHL teams aren't to bad and could probably give some bad CHL teams a go.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
not true IMO, its not hard to put up points, there's just not that much skill in it these last few years. (outside the NDTP) The older players tend to be most of the ones putting up big point numbers because they are more physically mature and have been in the league for 3 years. Not a lot of 17 year old finish near the top of the league in scoring each year!
Hypothetically, I don't see a top draft eligible CHL player player switching to the USHL and having their ppg automatically go up. Deep and more defensive minded league.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the BCHL league is a good league, plenty of talent comes out of there year in and out including many US kids..

it is still behind the USHL and I would say as much of a gap is between those two leagues that is between the USHL and the CHL.

people do forget how much talent has actually gone through the USHL, maybe not many stay 3 years, but many kids are there for at least 2 seasons if they started in their 16/17 year old season.
not crapping on the BCHL at all, I followed many kids there like Beau Bennett and Slave Demin, it is a good league, I just doubt outside of maybe 3-4 teams there could they hold their own against most USHL teams...and don't forget, Andrei Svechnikov played in the USHL as well, not just US and Canada kids...

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
the BCHL league is a good league, plenty of talent comes out of there year in and out including many US kids..

it is still behind the USHL and I would say as much of a gap is between those two leagues that is between the USHL and the CHL.

people do forget how much talent has actually gone through the USHL, maybe not many stay 3 years, but many kids are there for at least 2 seasons if they started in their 16/17 year old season.
not crapping on the BCHL at all, I followed many kids there like Beau Bennett and Slave Demin, it is a good league, I just doubt outside of maybe 3-4 teams there could they hold their own against most USHL teams...and don't forget, Andrei Svechnikov played in the USHL as well, not just US and Canada kids...

Oh for sure. Most teams from the BCHL would get crushed by Major Junior teams. But there are some at the top of BCHL and AJHL that are damn good and completely dominate their leagues. Like Penticton when they had Jost and Fabbro. That team could probably give a team like this seasons Swift Current some issues.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
USHL loses its top end talent to the NCAA, which makes it a much more level league, making the games much closer imo.

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
NHL/USHL East team's MVP. Speed and shot on full display in the game.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Robert Mastrosimone (<a href="Chicago Steel (@ChicagoSteel) | Twitter">@ChicagoSteel</a>) right off the draw! <a href="#WhosNext hashtag on Twitter">#WhosNext</a> <a href="USHL on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/wiFcYTxViL</a></p>&mdash; USHL (@USHL) <a href="">January 9, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
happy for the kid - 2 to 3 years minimum in college for him, let him get stronger/more mature without rushing him to the show. he has the talent to be a real good player but he is the type of player where patience can pay off a ton...

Reactions: USHOCKEYUS

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't see how this kid doesn't make the NHL in some capacity. The ultimate question is upside, but I think he has enough to be a top 6 forward. Good pick by Detroit.

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Injuries at development camp should just not happen. Does anyone know if it was during drills or a scrimmage?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad