LW Patrik Puistola - Mikkelin Jukurit, Liiga (2019, 73rd, CAR; traded to EDM)

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Personally I think he should be pushing into the back half of the first round. Some smart team is likely going to get him a bit later than that though.

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018
I have liked his game a lot, is he really not a first round talent?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think it's going to be more about how late-drafting teams assess his probability of success rather than talent. That's why I expect him to go fast if he's still available once the second round starts.

JLT

Jan 7, 2019
Here are all three of his goals with replays... Man that first one was so dirty:popcorn:

JLT

Jan 7, 2019
Also, here are Patrik Puistola's full highlights from the IIHF U18 Worlds...

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Strange not to see him on THN's top 100 list for this draft. Figured he'd be in the 30's worst case, given their draft list includes U18 consideration.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
I saw this kid at u18 this year against canada in umea, and I gotta say. I think he could be a solid nhl player one day, loved hes stick handling. And whatever team picks him should be excited. should go early now in the 2nd round, otherwise I would say he could be a steal. Personaly I would have had him in the first round.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Pasi Puistola - his father - was one of the smoothest skaters around.

Saw him plenty when he played in HV 71 (Jönköping) and he was the backbone of the teams defense and that year in and year out.

Seems strange if the son is pure crap on skates.

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
Is it just me, or does every high-ish end prospect coming out of Tappara have questions about their skating during their draft year? Barkov, Laine, Puistola, Simontaival next year. Do any great skaters come out of that program?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
very skilled player but very awkward on his skates. While watching him play, that technique turned me off but not enough to like him in the 2nd round. Too bad the Habs passed up on him .

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Is it just me, or does every high-ish end prospect coming out of Tappara have questions about their skating during their draft year? Barkov, Laine, Puistola, Simontaival next year. Do any great skaters come out of that program?

His skating is okay. It's neither great and neither as bad as some other posters say.

Reactions: Ippenator

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I didn't expect him to get caught in the avalanche and slide so far. The skill with the kid is pretty evident and while some have raised concerns about his competitiveness and some other areas (even skating), these things are fixable. Could turn out as a steal or he might bust all the way, you never know. So given where he was drafted, he definitely is a steal. And what's better than landing in the Canes with the other Finns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->