LW Patrik Puistola - Mikkelin Jukurit, Liiga (2019, 73rd, CAR; traded to EDM)

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
@ChicagoBullsFan: Personally I like your habbit to make routine updates to Finnish prospects threads. I get why that can annoy some people, but I like that habit. It's easy to get sort of overall idea about a prospect simply by browsing a topic through, while getting panoramic picture of the prospect's efforts via linked tweets, vids, and box score results. If there are something I would hope to see in addition to these fragments, it would be sort of "synopsis comment" where all relevant sources, maybe few most representative vids/Gifs and other stuff would be gathered as a quick link list, maybe to OP of corresponding prospect thread (if not by you personally, then maybe by someone else). The whole point of these threads is to follow and discuss about a prospects. I simply cannot see any really good reason to whine if updates to them are made in near real time as that makes it easier to everyone to get idea about the player, his performance, and plausible projections.

If people get annoyed about your habbit, I think it comes mostly from HC-prospect scouts (in context of HFBoards), from those who already spent a lot of time with first hand sources. Other plausible reason for whining is then jealousy for some absurd off-hockey reasons. Please ignore stupid cries and continue your valuable efforts.

To me your short comment updates have been VERY good way to get introduction to players whom were before that pretty much 'neverheards' for me. :thumbu:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Puistola about to debyte in Tappara lineup. 4th line, so i expect the Simontaival -treatment, meaning 6 minutes TOI if he's lucky.

SpinninRodIntoArmpit

Apr 8, 2015
Puistola about to debyte in Tappara lineup. 4th line, so i expect the Simontaival -treatment, meaning 6 minutes TOI if he's lucky.

Also known as the Patrik Laine-treatment. Although Puistola is a year older than those two were. I still don't think we're goint to see Otto Rauhala-treatment again, which means half a season as the 13th forward.

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
I watched all of Puistola's games from last years U17 tournament and despite the fact that he was second on the team in scoring, I didn't see much that I liked. He seemed like a bit of a puck hog who tried to dangle through the other team, even when it wasn't working. Now I see he's made his Liiga debut and spent some time in the Mestis. What's his play style like now? Is he a smarter, better puck distributor?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Scored 2 goals and assisted 1 goal vs Switzerland today's U18 4 nations tournament game.
Video of the goals comes later ( when i found it).

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

Jokke has some other clips too, absolutely worth watching.

Thought I would share these as Puistola is maybe a bit underrated. He has been excellent in Mestis and now he had his second career Liiga game. Played only 8:48, but he made the most of his time on the ice. Two goals against Pelicans goalie and he was on the ice both time.

12 games in Mestis (fin 2nd league) and 7 goals and 4 assist.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

Jokke has some other clips too, absolutely worth watching.

Thought I would share these as Puistola is maybe a bit underrated. He has been excellent in Mestis and now he had his second career Liiga game. Played only 8:48, but he made the most of his time on the ice. Two goals against Pelicans goalie and he was on the ice both time.

12 games in Mestis (fin 2nd league) and 7 goals and 4 assist.

He's been sitting in the high 20's on my list since his excellent showing at the Hlinka, my only gripe about him is his skating, could use a jump in his step. Great edgework but not fast whatsoever.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Honestly, it's a pretty meh achievement. If a player's good enough to score that many goals in Mestis at such an age, they tend to play in Liiga.

Just the fact that the record for u18 scoring in Liiga is much higher than that should make it clear that the achievement has essentially no value.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Honestly, it's a pretty meh achievement. If a player's good enough to score that many goals in Mestis at such an age, they tend to play in Liiga.

Just the fact that the record for u18 scoring in Liiga is much higher than that should make it clear that the achievement has essentially no value.
It's ridiculously hard to play for Tappara. Even if he was playing in Liiga, he would most likely get 8-10 minutes of icetime, maybe even less.

If it is was any other team, I think he would be playing in Liiga. Same with Kristian Tanus.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Patrik Puistola in a top 6 role this season:

25 games for Tappara u20 in the regular season, 11 goals, 11 assists, 22 points +2.
22 games for Leki in the regular season, 15 goals, 12 assists, 27 points +10.
9 games for u18 Team Finland, 9 goals, 3 assists, 12 points.
2 games for Leki so far in the play-offs, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, +3 (his team leads 2-0).
= 58 games, 36 goals, 28 assists, 64 points

Strong numbers for a 17-18 year old.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
@ChicagoBullsFan: Personally I like your habbit to make routine updates to Finnish prospects threads. I get why that can annoy some people, but I like that habit. It's easy to get sort of overall idea about a prospect simply by browsing a topic through, while getting panoramic picture of the prospect's efforts via linked tweets, vids, and box score results. If there are something I would hope to see in addition to these fragments, it would be sort of "synopsis comment" where all relevant sources, maybe few most representative vids/Gifs and other stuff would be gathered as a quick link list, maybe to OP of corresponding prospect thread (if not by you personally, then maybe by someone else). The whole point of these threads is to follow and discuss about a prospects. I simply cannot see any really good reason to whine if updates to them are made in near real time as that makes it easier to everyone to get idea about the player, his performance, and plausible projections.

If people get annoyed about your habbit, I think it comes mostly from HC-prospect scouts (in context of HFBoards), from those who already spent a lot of time with first hand sources. Other plausible reason for whining is then jealousy for some absurd off-hockey reasons. Please ignore stupid cries and continue your valuable efforts.

To me your short comment updates have been VERY good way to get introduction to players whom were before that pretty much 'neverheards' for me. :thumbu:

I appreciate it too but now that there's finally a stickied thread for Finnish prospects I feel like people should use that one more often rather than bump all these other threads

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I like his skillset, but I've seen him make some really low-IQ plays, put on useless dangles and hog the puck WAYYYY too much last year, and that has soured me on him quite a bit.

Has he improved in that regard or is he still playing a solo ''F***my teammates, I want to dangle and score'' type of perimeter game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad